• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LHD/San Diego Suggestions?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Don't forget cleaning rifles and inventorying gear. Guys from my shop would get so bored that they'd actually look forward to going to the vehicle/well deck to inventory radios. And you can't lame us for focusing on chow so much. There will come a time on some floats when you're down to one MRE a day in some despicable land with despicable people while all of the sailors are still eating biscuits and gravy and drinking sweet tea. We may love our chow, but by the time we get back on the boat this is about what the chief's mess looks like.

FatBurger.jpg

You think he ordered fries with that?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Those are pickles. I can't recall if this is the same place, but one of the "free if you can eat it all" places stacks fries in the burger.

Man I thought those were potato wedges. That many pickles on top of a burger? I now officially classify that picture as gross.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for all the help so far everyone. Unfortunately, my ship got changed last night to an LPD... Hopefully, I'll still have some fun and get liberty in San Diego.

phrogpilot73

Unfortunately, my ship got changed last night to an LPD...
Haha... You can be almost GUARANTEED that there will be no ACE guys embarked. They only have two spots to begin with, and in 14 months of deployments, and 14 months of workups - I spent a sum total of 14 days on an LPD. Sorry man.

No bowling alley either...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
The Navy obviously wants you to be a gator freighter SWO. Just enjoy your cruise. Since it's your third class cruise(didn't even know they had those other than Cortramid) you're still plenty new and you need to get exposed to all you can. Being on an LPD, you'll probably learn A LOT about maintenance!

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Well if aviation is your thing and noone is embarked hook up with the airboss and or miniboss. They might go to see to have some birds come out and bounce (lets aircrew get proficiency and the deck guys get flight deck pay).
As far as San Diego goes have fun, it is a great area, PB is casual, Gaslamp more upscale.

or i can hook you up @ miramar in hornet sims...