• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Letter of Introduction to new command still required?

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would go with not sending a letter.

We had a shooter onboard our CVN who decided to write an introduction letter to the CO against our advice. Of course he did it anyways, and it was received through admin and routed up. This letter was passed around the HODs (Heads of Departments), up through the XO and CO and finally returned to the Air Boss with a personal note from the CO reading "Airboss, have fun with this guy."

If they want to know about you, they will ask. For my next job, I was asked to send a short bio to my perspective boss at NAVAIR. It was brief and to the point and REQUESTED.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
@Flying Low- did the gaining command assign a sponsor to you? Barring that, you could also innocuously email the COS or the N1 briefly summarizing your plans for house hunting/transient leave/check-in, and asking if there is anything else required of you... that's a passive-aggressive approach since it implicitly gets you off the hook for writing a letter. :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
@Flying Low- did the gaining command assign a sponsor to you? Barring that, you could also innocuously email the COS or the N1 briefly summarizing your plans for house hunting/transient leave/check-in, and asking if there is anything else required of you... that's a passive-aggressive approach since it implicitly gets you off the hook for writing a letter. :)

What is this "sponsor" you speak of? Is that the guy who you talk to before you get there but is then "deployed/det'ed/underway" when you show up? Yeah, I know that guy. I live that guy.