• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Lemoore FA-18 Crash

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Did my first CQ sim today. My boat admin is something akin to Charlie Brown's teacher talking to a blind kid driving a school bus the wrong way through a Wal Mart parking lot.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did my first CQ sim today. My boat admin is something akin to Charlie Brown's teacher talking to a blind kid driving a school bus the wrong way through a Wal Mart parking lot.
Keep at it. It's step one to one of the coolest phenomena in the known universe: a successfully executed Case I, zip-lip, cherry recovery. Only things you hear on the radio:

"Tower, Paddles, radio check."
"Loud and clear."
"Oooon the backup."
"Loud and clear."

Then 19 jets come aboard without another word spoken.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Haha, maybe we shoulda started with that. Night Case III catshot to marshal for the good ole CV-1.

I've a long road ahead of me :)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
"Roger that"....because if you didn't add the "that", lord knows what you were just rogering up to/for.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Keep at it. It's step one to one of the coolest phenomena in the known universe: a successfully executed Case I, zip-lip, cherry recovery. Only things you hear on the radio:

"Loud and clear."
"Oooon the backup."
"Loud and clear."

You missed that in the middle of this silent dance, a helo will check in.
"Uhh, Climax tower, Fluffybunny 43, is currently at your 283 for 9.6 miles, inbound for pax pickup"
"ON THE BALL!!!"

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You missed that in the middle of this silent dance, a helo will check in.
"Uhh, Climax tower, Fluffybunny 43, is currently at your 283 for 9.6 miles, inbound for pax pickup"
"ON THE BALL!!!"
I said successfully executed. Does that happen every time? Nope.:D

"Power . . . PO-WER! Easy with it . . . bolter, bolter, bolter . . ."

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
It's step one to one of the coolest phenomena in the known universe: a successfully executed Case I, zip-lip, cherry recovery. Only things you hear on the radio:

"Loud and clear."
"Oooon the backup."
"Loud and clear."

Not a fan of boat flying in any way/shape/form......day or night, it sucks. I think I tricked myself into thinking it was cool on cruise, but it is not. Kinda like boat schoolers say about Annapolis........"a good place to be from....." Not the landing part.....that's whatever, just everything else that goes along with it......fuel, cycles, in country tanker fallouts, wingman who can't take gas into the externals, basically just fuel in general. And I honestly don't understand people that gave a shit about grades......fair, okay, NOT-scary no-grade.......couldn't have given a fuck which it was. Caring about your landing is like trying to be the best at exercising.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a fan of boat flying in any way/shape/form......day or night, it sucks. I think I tricked myself into thinking it was cool on cruise, but it is not. Kinda like boat schoolers say about Annapolis........"a good place to be from....."
Blasphemy!

Boat flying is the best kind of flying there is... except the night traps. Those still suck. You can't look me in the virtual AW eye and tell me that a day dick-around SSC line in the middle of the ocean haven't been some of the greatest moments in your life. It is cool on cruise, that's why we endure the pain.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Not a fan of boat flying in any way/shape/form......day or night, it sucks. I think I tricked myself into thinking it was cool on cruise, but it is not. Kinda like boat schoolers say about Annapolis........"a good place to be from....." Not the landing part.....that's whatever, just everything else that goes along with it......fuel, cycles, in country tanker fallouts, wingman who can't take gas into the externals, basically just fuel in general. And I honestly don't understand people that gave a shit about grades......fair, okay, NOT-scary no-grade.......couldn't have given a fuck which it was. Caring about your landing is like trying to be the best at exercising.

So that's why you were the happiest guy in the AIRWING, you lied to yourself and didn't give a shit about any of it. Did the P-3 crowd teach you that? It's a pretty popular coping mechanism for the disassociated.

Farva01

BKR
pilot
That hurts me to my deepest core. The CAVU day 45 minute BFM cycle back to the shit-hot is one of the greatest flights in aviation.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Boat flying is the best kind of flying there is... except the night traps. Those still suck.
I truly enjoyed boat flying....and the night traps didn't even bother me that much, because I always felt that I was in control. But the night cat shots were a different story. I really disliked them because I felt like I had no control whatsoever and was in God's hands for about ten seconds until my eyes and brain became un-caged...and I prayed that I was on good terms with Him.