• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Legal question

becks104

As it was explained to me the reason they would not process the application was that if I was selected the trial could delay my ship out date for OCS in Pensacola. You're right though, still strikes me as totally rediculous that you can't recover money for medical bills if you want to apply for OCS.

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
again--

if you want, prosecute. usually this is used for deployments, but is in place for all AD servicemembers. once you ship, at your request, the navy should contact the court and request a stay in the proceedings until you can appear. between ocs and api is a good time, if possible. scra is in place for a reason.

contact these guys:

www.jag..navy.mil

89-LX

The more I think about it, I feel that the DA just doesnt want to deal with the case, so he said this to scare me to make me back off. There are one too many things that just do not add up here.

First, these 2 guys fled the scene as soon as they found out the cops were on the way.

Second, how can I be charged with assult and battery, when they opened my door, reached into my car, and pulled me out of my car?

Third, if the assult and battery comes against me, then why did the police officer in the police department say that if I had a hand gun, was over 21 and had a CCW, I would have pulled it on them for fear of my life without getting in any trouble.

Something just is not right. They either know someone in the police department, which I will find out because none of this adds up, or someone lied major but still would not add up to be right. I wanted to press charges on them that night. I called the police BEFORE and AFTER it happened. They fled the scene and never contacted the police. How could charges be filed against me after the fact when they fled? Can any of you guys here make any sense of this to me?

Also, I went to get a copy of the report on Friday, and they said the case was still open so I could not get a copy of it. I requested to speak with my detective again also before the case is closed. If they close the case before I speak with her, something is wrong and I will have the police department investigated. They are failing to uphold the law. I could have very well chased right after them and beat the living **** out of them, but I decided to do this the legal way and have the police handle it. So why cant the police do their job and obey the law?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
89-LX said:
My car was broken into 2 times in 1 month, once on Devils night and once on November 26th also.

Ahhh, Devil's Night in the greater Detroit area. At least they didn't burn your car to a charred hulk.

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
89-LX said:
KBayDog - If I took the charges and was cleared, would it affect me.

why would you do that? would you do that if it was a greater charge?

'oh, okay, i'll let you charge me with murder 2 because i think i'll be cleared and then it won't affect me.'

seriously. why would you agree to be charged for something that you didn't do?

the fact that the case is open should not, in any way, hamper your ability to get a copy of the police report. that is VERY strange. if this really bothers you and you want to see it-- get a lawyer to get one for you. you said that legal counsel wouldn't be an issue, right? you're entitled, as a party in the event, to a copy of that report. period.

i read your pm and will get back to you tonight.

digitalepiphany

The statutes of limitations for civil suits in Michigan is 3 years each for personal injury suits and injury to personal property suits.
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/limitations_by_state/Michigan.html

I think you said that you have 3.5 years till you graduate? Not sure.

What you could do is graduate, apply to OCS, gradutate OCS, and receive your commission all before the 3 years is up, and then sue them.

The best part is, they'd never see it coming. After all, it will be almost 3 years later. If you decide to do this you'd have to have all your paperwork ready to file and sitting in your lawyer's office ready to file the day you commission.

Anyway, just a thought....

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just don't be a snitch.

Sorry wrong thread.... :(