• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lefties that make a neat briefing board

jtmedli

pilot
A habitual complaint of Ip's in primary was that my writing sucked, so trying to improve that before advanced. However as I'm sure my fellow lefties have realized, your hand drags across while writing on a whiteboard and kind of makes it look like shit. So do any of you lefties have tips that helped you make a neater board? This may seem trivial just trying to not look like ass at advanced.

Don't worry. Powerpoint will soon own your soul!!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
You'll use ebrief in advanced for briefing items and kneeboard cards. It's a CNATRA website.

A professional board and kneeboard card are going to be a part of every flight you fly from now until you're done flying pointy nose. Figure it out, it'll get easier with practice.
I didn't know pointy nose actually brief...thought the student sits there listening to the IP

Python

pilot
Contributor
I didn't know pointy nose actually brief...thought the student sits there listening to the IP

The flight lead briefs (or the backseat IP in a single-ship flight). In CNATRA and the FRS e-brief is often used. 99.9% of the time the student is not the flight lead and is 100% never the mission commander.

In the fleet, even though we don't use e-brief, the flight lead still briefs the mission....since it is his mission to run.

Renegade One

None
Of course, chalkboards won WWII, but lets not go there…
8e51a2fabbd206ab094a3bad7b1cdb2e.jpg

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
*Drinks and looks at Adam Baldwin* Who, me? ... Oh, and on a personal note, sir, I'd just like to add that ever since I was kidnapped by aliens ten years ago, I've been dying for some payback, and I just want you to know that I won't let you down.

NEzISjbGuZGADF_1_b.jpg

speedroller

Rangers
Some IPs (in primary) allow the white board to be typed out on a std 11x8 sheet of paper. It looks neat and allows you to take debrief notes on the back.