• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leather Jacket Changes

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Let’s be honest…95% of the time no one will say anything about the patches you have on any of your jackets...
True...but then there’s that 5% of the time...which is a real downer...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Regs don't say you cannot wear a flag, so I think you're inferring flag wearing guidance that isn't there. Stop trying to be a pedantic DH before you are one ?.

It's too late to save me. But... it does say you can't wear any other patches than the unit patch and your nametag:

USN Uniform Regulations said:
(a) Brown Jacket Insignia/Patches. Insignia/patches shall be worn on brown leather flight jackets as follows:

(3) Optional Logos. One command patch may be worn over the right breast pocket. Maximum width may not exceed 4-1/2 inches. No other patches are authorized.

In reality, what am I going to do? Rip a leather patch off a jacket? The only times I've gotten on people about their patches were HT students wearing absolutely ridiculous ones on their right sleeves, with my attitude of "dude, you're gonna wear that and draw all that attention to yourself BEFORE you earn your wings?!"

Also, those who wear a state or territory flag in place of an American flag... one... against regs, two, I am just like "this isn't antebellum USA man, we don't fight in the California Republic Navy, or the Ohio Militia, although, yes, cool trivia it's a pennnant not a flag, take it off and put on an American flag."

The lobotomy has taken effect. I felt it happening during my disassociated tour.

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw lots of of the First Navy Jack on jackets before. Are we still flying the First Jack on ships? Personally, I liked that.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I think you are the first NA/NFO to ever complain/critique TG patches . . .

Ha, proud owner of TG patches, however, I do think their business model of their wait lists and taking forever to deliver is a fair criticism.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I saw lots of of the First Navy Jack on jackets before. Are we still flying the First Jack on ships? Personally, I liked that.
According to wikipedia, that order was rescinded in 2019 and now only the oldest USN ship that's not the USS Constitution flies it.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
One of our DHs wears a DTOM flag with her flight suit, but it’s the yellow Gadsden flag vice the navy jack. I think it looks stupid and delegitimizing. We all do dumb shit to circumvent the rules like secret patches under the main ones, or pen pocket patches, but choosing to forego the actual flag or at least the “navy” flag seems unnecessary and fussy.