• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lavatory Surprise (not funny)

H20man

Drill baby drill!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184358,00.html

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S. & WORLD
Jet Diverted After Man Hangs Self in Bathroom
Thursday, February 09, 2006

DENVER — A Miami man apparently hanged himself in an airplane lavatory during a United Airlines flight from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles, and the plane was diverted to Denver after his body was discovered, police said Thursday.

The Denver medical examiner's office identified the man as Gerald Georgettis, 56, and said his body was found on Wednesday. Medical examiner's spokeswoman Michelle Weiss-Samaras said an autopsy was planned.

Police detective Virginia Lopez said no other passengers were ever in danger.

"Right now, everything leads us to believe the male involved did commit suicide," she said.

United officials did not immediately return a call.

Last month, the El Paso County coroner ruled that a Sacramento, Calif., woman had committed suicide on an America West flight between Cleveland and Phoenix by overdosing on morphine. That flight made an unscheduled landing Jan. 6 in Colorado Springs after Stephanie Marson was found unconscious in her seat.

serious question though, what would you do in a situation like this with
A: The body
B: passanger situation

lighter note question: Why would you pay the money to do that?

Mods: Delete edit censure as necessary just PM me if so.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
H20man said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184358,00.html

serious question though, what would you do in a situation like this with
A: The body
B: passanger situation

lighter note question: Why would you pay the money to do that?

Mods: Delete edit censure as necessary just PM me if so.
FIrst, there are procedures for medical emergencies, so unless there was a doc on board, nobody would be qualified to declare the person dead. Second issue, why not? If you were going to kill yourself, why would you care? Spend away.

Brett

Lawman

None
Brett327 said:
FIrst, there are procedures for medical emergencies, so unless there was a doc on board, nobody would be qualified to declare the person dead. Second issue, why not? If you were going to kill yourself, why would you care? Spend away.

Brett

Theres one other theory that came in my mind when I read the circumstances, and I only put this in my own mind due to just stuff Ive seen and heard from a Criminal Justice standpoint. However as I nor anyone here is directly involved in the investigation and not prevy to the information needed to make such a hypothosis Ill keep it restricted to PM if anybodys interested.

Note: I have no desire to post this information on something as public as a forum thread, and request anyone wanting to talk about this over PM keep it confidentially between me and them.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My conspiracy theory involves Jim Morrison, Bob Marley and Elvis Pressley, a small monkey and can of lard.

But I can't say any more here as "they" are listening...psstt...PM me for details....

wht-goonies-then271.jpg

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Schnugg said:
My conspiracy theory involves Jim Morrison, Bob Marley and Elvis Pressley, a small monkey and can of lard.

But I can't say any more here as "they" are listening...psstt...PM me for details....

thats an interesting music combination

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Brett327 said:

Brett

Not to mention this is the guy that just drove his brand new SUV through a Miami car dealership window and set the vehicle on fire because he thought they ripped him off and he paid too much. :eek: Ironically I don't think $$$ was the main thing on his mind anymore seeing as he just lost his job and was facing arson charges which can give you up to 30 years in prison. Plus the business was full of people, so attempted murder charges anyone??

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Not funny ???:)

Actually, this happens more times than you might imagine. I mean hanging oneself in the lavatory, head, or "biffy" as it's called in airline parlance. With the declining quality and quantity seen in airline inflight meals over the past 10 years or so --- we have noticed a sharp up-tick in the number of onboard hangings and self-mutilations. It usually occurs within the first hour or so after the meal service.

And suicide ??? Suicide is painless. You've heard the song. In fact, I recently counseled one of my less-than-stellar Second Officers to consider suicide instead of returning to the flight deck on the following day.

So not funny?? Of course it's not .... :icon_smil

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:

Actually, this happens more times than you might imagine. I mean hanging oneself in the lavatory, head, or "biffy" as it's called in airline parlance. With the declining quality and quantity seen in airline inflight meals over the past 10 years or so --- we have noticed a sharp up-tick in the number of onboard hangings and self-mutilations. It usually occurs within the first hour or so after the meal service.

And suicide ??? Suicide is painless. You've heard the song. In fact, I recently counseled one of my less-than-stellar Second Officers to consider suicide instead of returning to the flight deck on the following day.

What a great post. :D Have you known crewmembers to brown-bag for meals, or do you all just submit to the will of the "Sky-Chef?"

Brett

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Brett327 said:
What a great post. :D Have you known crewmembers to brown-bag for meals, or do you all just submit to the will of the "Sky-Chef?"

Brett
Airline pilots are cheap........most will never turn down a free meal no matter how bad it is! :eek: :D

Actually, we had pretty good crew meals at Hawaiian. I not many brown bagged it.

89-LX

HOORAH said:
Not to mention this is the guy that just drove his brand new SUV through a Miami car dealership window and set the vehicle on fire because he thought they ripped him off and he paid too much. :eek: Ironically I don't think $$$ was the main thing on his mind anymore seeing as he just lost his job and was facing arson charges which can give you up to 30 years in prison. Plus the business was full of people, so attempted murder charges anyone??

Not to mention one of the cars burned in that dealership was a limited edtiion blue Ford GT.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Theres one other theory that came in my mind when I read the circumstances, and I only put this in my own mind due to just stuff Ive seen and heard from a Criminal Justice standpoint. However as I nor anyone here is directly involved in the investigation and not prevy to the information needed to make such a hypothosis Ill keep it restricted to PM if anybodys interested.

Note: I have no desire to post this information on something as public as a forum thread, and request anyone wanting to talk about this over PM keep it confidentially between me and them.
Puuuhhhhhleeeeeeze.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:

Holy Crap A4s..I think I just hurt myself laughing....youda MAN brudda...and I really needed that good laugh today. Works stressing me out big time...Thanks.

The Man said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to A4sForever again.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Brett327 said:
:D Have you known crewmembers to brown-bag for meals, or do you all just submit to the will of the "Sky-Chef?"

Brett

Actually --- I usually brown-bagged it. Brown bag or barf bag was my theory. Plus, I've done it for over 25 years --- crew meals get a little stale after 10 years, you know.

My staple carry-on chow from the Honolulu base to Tokyo was Chicken Curry Lice (sic) and a Starbuck's Grande Mocha-- with three shots of caffeine, please. Purchased just before I manned up so it would stay hot for a couple of hours. I mean like --- almost every time.

Sometimes the HNL employee cafeteria prior to flight -- but as I wasn't into dysentery --- not too often. However, it reminded me of a good 'ol Navy Exchange cafeteria grease experience. But God, I love the airport Noodle Shop's Curry Chicken Lice (sic). *Burp* Gotta stay awake on the long TransPac, you know ... :sleep_125

Other Far East routes --- other "favorite staples". I had a list of favorites for different airports that developed over 24 years --- and was highly sought after by other, newer crewmembers, need I add. Example: when banging out of Tokyo for Man-i-ra (a.k.a. Manila -- the JAPanese pronounced it ... "Man-i-ra" :)) ... I would have my S/O call Tokyo dispatch and have them forward to Man-i-ra OPS our order --- for three --- for lumpia and "sauce".

Audacious, you say?? Cocky?? Unauthorized ?? Arrogant ?? Over-the-top?? Maybe ..... but it worked every time ... ;) .... and I'm an operator ... not a company man. When you have four stripes on your arm and are the Great White Father .... you just tell "them" what to do and "they" do it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh .... the Ugly American is still alive and well in the Far East.

And I be he ..... :icon_rast :captain_1

211747-movie.jpg-movie-resized200.jpg