• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last Tango in AW Land (Lifestyle questions from prospective SNFO)

phrogpilot73

I got drunk one time and stumbled into a Salsa bar in P-Cola during flight school. So I guess he does have potential.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You've got to be very confident in yourself to walk up to some girl, look her in the eyes, and basically run the show. You put your ego on the line when you do stuff like that just like when you walk to up to some girl at a bar and start a conversation.

Why the hell would you need to know how to dance to do that? A lot of liquor will do the job too.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What were your undergrad/grad degrees in?

You haven't met stress yet until you're in primary and every single thing you do is analyzed. You walk in every single day and go to a brief where you're quizzed quizzed quizzed. Then you jump in the plane and get graded on everything you do. And then you go home, study, and do it again tomorrow.
Come on now. Flight school isn't exactly the only place stress exists in this world. We don't know what this guy's life experiences are, so to say he hasn't met stress yet may not be a fair analysis. If primary was the first time you were truly experienced stress, then so be it. But that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Come on now. Flight school isn't exactly the only place stress exists in this world. We don't know what this guy's life experiences are, so to say he hasn't met stress yet may not be a fair analysis. If primary was the first time you were truly experienced stress, then so be it. But that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

I wasn't saying he hadn't met stress. He already said he was hugely stressed in college. I was saying that the college experience and flight school are two different levels of stress, and if he was stressed going to college, he might have a rude awakening in flight school.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Guys, reading the rest of this thread has really helped take the edge off my hangover.

You're the best.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Heh, chicks dig guys who can dance. I've gotten laid and made out with some hot chicks who I met while dancing. Don't bash it till you try it lol.

Dude, if I am responding to your thread telling you to stop digging, then you've gone way too far.

Stop giving us your resume. Nobody here gives a shit.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wasn't saying he hadn't met stress. He already said he was hugely stressed in college. I was saying that the college experience and flight school are two different levels of stress, and if he was stressed going to college, he might have a rude awakening in flight school.
I was being sarcastic and it didn't come out right. I've lost the edge. I'm holding on too tight.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I was being sarcastic and it didn't come out right. I've lost the edge. I'm holding on too tight.

Yeah...I wasn't getting sarcastic at all..... Next time put in some smileys or wink faces :) I know some consider them un-manly....but just for the sake of better communication ;)

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Yeah...I wasn't getting sarcastic at all..... Next time put in some smileys or wink faces :) I know some consider them un-manly....but just for the sake of better communication ;)
Do you really think this thread needs any more of what might be considered unmanly? ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Do you really think this thread needs any more of what might be considered unmanly? ;)
I dunno ... but I'm makin' Julia Child's recipe for her boeuf bourguignon for dinner today -- does that count ??? :D:eek::D:eek:

If nothin' else -- it gives me an excuse to drink red wine while cookin' ... :D:eek::icon_wink

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I dunno ... but I'm makin' Julia Child's recipe for her boeuf bourguignon for dinner today -- does that count ??? :D:eek::D:eek:

If nothin' else -- it gives me an excuse to drink red wine while cookin' ... :D:eek::icon_wink

Cooking is TOTALLY ok. Nothing better than a guy who can cook.

I didn't say I considered it unmanly....just some do. I rather appreciate the emotion conveyed with smileys ;)

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cooking is TOTALLY ok. Nothing better than a guy who can cook.
I agree. But to expand on what you're saying, there's nothing better than a woman who does the dishes after you make a mess of the kitchen. My wife loves the food I make, but can't stand the mess. I simply tell her that it's the consequence of a good meal. :icon_smil