• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last Tango in AW Land (Lifestyle questions from prospective SNFO)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I agree. But to expand on what you're saying, there's nothing better than a woman who does the dishes after you make a mess of the kitchen. My wife loves the food I make, but can't stand the mess. I simply tell her that it's the consequence of a good meal. :icon_smil

I like the cut of your jib, shipmate. :D Many years ago, when I was doing it for a living, I learned the "clean as you go" technique - invaluable in a restaurant setting and when you don't have a lackey to do all the dirty work.

Brett

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
I agree. But to expand on what you're saying, there's nothing better than a woman who does the dishes after you make a mess of the kitchen. My wife loves the food I make, but can't stand the mess. I simply tell her that it's the consequence of a good meal. :icon_smil

That depends. I would have no problem with that if most everything was dishwasher safe, you didn't do it every single night, and you were making stuff that I really enjoyed. Perhaps you could both do them together....quality time....no? Wouldn't you earn major points with her if you did that?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That depends. I would have no problem with that if most everything was dishwasher safe, you didn't do it every single night, and you were making stuff that I really enjoyed. Perhaps you could both do them together....quality time....no? Wouldn't you earn major points with her if you did that?

Jesus, THAT is what you consider quality time? Doing the dishes? Here's what passes for quality time at my house: Downing a bottle of good wine and doing sexual gymnastics for a couple hours, or maybe backpacking through the cascades, then doing sexual gymnastics for a couple hours. :D

Only a woman would consider household chores as "quality" time.

Brett

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Jesus, THAT is what you consider quality time? Doing the dishes? Here's what passes for quality time at my house: Downing a bottle of good wine and doing sexual gymnastics for a couple hours, or maybe backpacking through the cascades, then doing sexual gymnastics for a couple hours. :D

Only a woman would consider household chores as "quality" time.

Brett

lol....all of the above are quality time. I'm all for your version, but then the dishes would never get done..... And maybe if the guy helped with the dishes.....sexual gymnastics would take place right there in the kitchen. You can make anything fun if done the right way!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
lol....all of the above are quality time. I'm all for your version, but then the dishes would never get done..... And maybe if the guy helped with the dishes.....sexual gymnastics would take place right there in the kitchen. You can make anything fun if done the right way!

In that case, one must take particular care in avoiding sharp items and hot pans. Aiye! :D

Brett

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

In that case, one must take particular care in avoiding sharp items and hot pans. Aiye! :D

Brett

Another match made in AW heaven....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahhhh.....I didn't realize we were receiving a professional opinion :boring_12.... it's so hard to tell a person's qualificiations.... :irked_125

Indeed, on many levels on and off the job

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like the cut of your jib, shipmate. :D Many years ago, when I was doing it for a living, I learned the "clean as you go" technique
I'm familiar with the technique. My wife has showed it to me several times how it's supposed to work.

60flyer said:
Perhaps you could both do them together....quality time....no?
WTF?

60flyer said:
Wouldn't you earn major points with her if you did that?
That's what the dinner is for. I must make pretty good meals 'cause we got a little baby factory going on down here.

60flyer said:
I'm all for your version, but then the dishes would never get done
Oh contraire. My oldest daughter (4 yrs) thinks it's fun to do the dishes. We don't want to stifle initiative, so we let her earn the reward of doing dishes. But then again, she's little miss Suzy homemaker too. The other daughter....not so much. She's gonna be the rock climber and BASE jumper.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
That's what the dinner is for. I must make pretty good meals 'cause we got a little baby factory going on down here.

Oh contraire. My oldest daughter (4 yrs) thinks it's fun to do the dishes. We don't want to stifle initiative, so we let her earn the reward of doing dishes. But then again, she's little miss Suzy homemaker too. The other daughter....not so much. She's gonna be the rock climber and BASE jumper.

Sounds like you've got it all worked out! ;) However, she's going to wise up to that "reward" eventually... then what will you do??

Little dare devil, huh :) Those are the best to hang out with!!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like you've got it all worked out! ;) However, she's going to wise up to that "reward" eventually... then what will you do??
Then I'll let her make me dinner AND do the dishes while I surf Airwarriors. Come on now. it's a chess game. You gotta think 3 steps ahead on these things.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Then I'll let her make me dinner AND do the dishes while I surf Airwarriors.

The cure for that is to be a c-12 pilot apparently. I've been on this site 24/7 since I got back from leave.

Come on now. it's a chess game. You gotta think 3 steps ahead on these things.

I'm glad you can still out-wit a 4 year old. LOL I guess I should have worded it differently...what will you do when she's 7 and you can't out-wit her anymore :icon_tong