• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lap around the Boat

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Hate to revive a old thread, but anyone know what happened to this? I was looking for it recently and it would appear both links are dead and no one copied/uploaded it elsewhere.

You might try sending DJPHYZIKS a PM. I believe it was his but looks like he hasn't logged on in a while. I'm pretty sure he later put it up on Youtube but I haven't been able to find it again yet.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
There is a reason behind it. Make sure you have permission from your CoC before making/posting videos from the cockpit.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I figured that was the case, I was just hoping someone might have captured it and posted elsewhere.

Just find a video of a hornet landing on the boat, press mute, fire up a weed wacker, and rev it a little bit for better effect. And disregard the big HUD, it's much smaller in the Goshawk.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Just find a video of a hornet landing on the boat, press mute, fire up a weed wacker, and rev it a little bit for better effect.

It's so weird. The jet doesn't sound like that when you're actually flying it, only on video.

Flying Toaster

None
Just find a video of a hornet landing on the boat, press mute, fire up a weed wacker, and rev it a little bit for better effect. And disregard the big HUD, it's much smaller in the Goshawk.

Haha, I wasn't too hung up on the T-45 part, similar video of a Rhino/Hornet would work. It was just good moto to see some HD helmet cam footage first of all and even better that it wasn't some compilation set to music.

MasterBates

Replace the pffffsszzt with a WHRRBBBRRLLLLL that never changes pitch and you have the E-2 sound. 4 Blade CODs are more of a BRRRRRRRRRRR

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Replace the pffffsszzt with a WHRRBBBRRLLLLL that never changes pitch and you have the E-2 sound. 4 Blade CODs are more of a BRRRRRRRRRRR
The what? The what? And the what?
6560winslow.gif

Attachments

• 6560winslow.gif
    6560winslow.gif
    45 KB · Views: 2

MasterBates

"The Bucket" really don't exist with the "pseudo throttle by wire" in the -427 engines in the E-2.. (really its more the DETCs than the actual engine).. The 8 blade is "slicker" at idle than a 4 blade with the same motor.. So if you get high/fast, you don't have a whole lot of "power off" to work with.

I've been told they had to wave -427 engined Hummers different than -425 (current COD engine) powered E-2s, and that's why the -427 birds (all of them now) have a + on the nosecone. I'm not a paddles. This could have been their "dumb answer to dumb question"

E-2C Nose (T56-425) (4600hp)
images

E-2C+ Nose (T56-427) (5100hp)
images

E-2D Nose (T56-427A) (6000hp + heavier plane)
images