• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lap around the Boat

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Is that a pitot tube sticking out of the nose of the plane? It looks like one of the instrumentation mounts used on a lot of test aircraft.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
(OK) .... (TCA) (OSX) LURIM DLAR LL

I'm a tough grader in the daytime ... :)

November Sierra!!! Cut some slack! The guy is green, but the pass was decent.

I should be thankful you never did make it to CV-41! :D :D

[FWIW, I also love to jerk LSO chains... especially those of the 'lower deck's' R/Rs and Bunk/State-rooms. Hehehe... :D ]

UMichfly

pilot
None
Is that a pitot tube sticking out of the nose of the plane? It looks like one of the instrumentation mounts used on a lot of test aircraft.

That's the gun. They wanted to make it cheap since it's just a trainer so it fires .22 LR rounds. Not effective past a hundred feet or so but if you're outside of that, you're a pvssy anyways.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's the gun. They wanted to make it cheap since it's just a trainer so it fires .22 LR rounds. Not effective past a hundred feet or so but if you're outside of that, you're a pvssy anyways.
Come on. Stop trying to confuse people about the refueling probe. :D

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

Heard that when you run outta ammo, it becomes a joust...

Come on. Stop trying to confuse people about the refueling probe. :D

As funny as these responses are my removed electrical opinion is it's a pitot probe. Well played to the above though! :thumbup_1

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
November Sierra!!! Cut some slack! .... I should be thankful you never did make it to CV-41!....
You should get down on your knees and be thankful.

No slack in light or medium ATTACK, G.I. ....

Sell your watch ... ???

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You should get down on your knees and be thankful.

No slack in light or medium ATTACK, G.I. ....

Sell your watch ... ???

Remind me again to never argue with LSOs... even slacky, lite/mediocre-attack ones. :D :icon_wink

Sell my 1971 great Subic Exchange watch purchase???? Not on my life!!!

This watch that has been through hell and back (and other places, too :watching3), and is still on my wrist as I type this... it's also ticking accurately, BTW.
[After all these years, it looks and works almost better than I do.... note, I said, "almost." ]

While walking bad neighborhoods on long layovers, I usually hid the watch. But I would kill or be killed before I ever let a mugger steal it.

So...... "sell my watch, sailor????" Whatdayathink? :irked_125

rolexz.jpg

incubus852

pilot
Don't you remember we used to use it to blast turkey vultures in the pattern at meridian?? Dude you flying at 125 or 122?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Flying Toaster

None
Hate to revive a old thread, but anyone know what happened to this? I was looking for it recently and it would appear both links are dead and no one copied/uploaded it elsewhere.