• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Land Nav

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCMidd

What happens if you don't pass land nav by the time your company graduates? Do you get rolled back? or just get a lousy land nav grade?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you dont pass you roll to the next class, if you get a shitty but passing grade you continue with your class. Do the weekend remedials, why you didnt is not a question you want to answer if you F it away.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you dont pass you roll to the next class, if you get a shitty but passing grade you continue with your class. Do the weekend remedials, why you didnt is not a question you want to answer if you F it away.

Land Nav isn't much harder than BSA 101. If you are worried about it, find an Eagle Scout to help out...I'm not kidding.

Screw it up and you might get a callsign before you get to Flight School (ie Magellan...etc.)

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Ask anyone wearing a gold bar for help. If that doesn't fix you, ask someone wearing 2 silver bars. They want you to pass.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
If you fail any land nav event, you are on mando remedial until you pass two land nav events in a row...and it is mando, you will be there or be UA. And remedial land nav is on Saturdays of course. You don't want to be there, because at TBS you need the weekends to unwind. If you fail a land nav final, you will get a 60% for a grade when you eventually pass it, no matter what you score on remedial. This sucks, because land nav is a huge chunk of your grade. I never failed a single land nav event until the day land nav exam, and then missed it by one box..got a 60%. Land nav sucks in Quantico in the summer, sometimes you just get a crappy card and you get boxes in really tough areas. If you are completely abysmal at land nav and can't ever even come close to passing, the possibility exists that you will be rolled to the next company, but from my experience, the SPC's and instructors want you to pass and will make sure you do. Have fun.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Spend some extra time when plotting your points and attack points, make sure that they are correct. A little mess up on plotting your points and attack points guarentee you to miss a box. If you navigate wrong in the field you can always use the land contour to get you back toward the box, as long as you know where you are at (good plots). Take your time when you are going from attack point to the box, but run to your next attack point (if time is pressed). Good luck, you will be fine.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Land Nav isn't much harder than BSA 101. If you are worried about it, find an Eagle Scout to help out...I'm not kidding.

Screw it up and you might get a callsign before you get to Flight School (ie Magellan...etc.)

If a bunch of Naval Aviators can grasp it in half a day in SERE...

jimmy_Marine

Thankful..........

thankfully i get to go to back to TBS around the same time i went to OCS at. Summer time. I don't report till May 31st. and i plan on doing my land nav refresh pretty much right now. Good Luck everyone.

james

NapalmRat

thankfully i get to go to back to TBS around the same time i went to OCS at. Summer time. I don't report till May 31st. and i plan on doing my land nav refresh pretty much right now. Good Luck everyone.

james

Might wanna hit up ur OSO jimmy. I heard Delta Co. got pushed back till June 14th.

jimmy_Marine

what........

No way really? i don't know if that's good or bad. I will have to find out. Should i call out to TBS and have thme look me up in the system for my ship date and start date?? So does that mean I report in may, but sit in M Co. Until June?

James

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
No way really? i don't know if that's good or bad. I will have to find out. Should i call out to TBS and have thme look me up in the system for my ship date and start date?? So does that mean I report in may, but sit in M Co. Until June?

James

Talk to your OSO, TBS doesn't get any of that information until you actually show up...maybe a few days ahead...all they know is they have X number of Lts coming...thats it.

Again Talk to your OSO he will know more...

Status
Not open for further replies.