• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kingsville T-45 Crash

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Look at the bright side (especially if you're a Safety Officer): they occured in different Fiscal Years.
Unfortunately the Navy Safety Center does not think it that way.....remember everyone is a Safety Officer ;)

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
Type...yes. They were both the T-45. Both squadrons at TW-2 fly the A and C models though.

Only 21 has Charlie students. Instructors from 22 use them sometimes to fly lead for a form or other type of flight. We dont have too many Charlies so they are most likely Alphas.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Only 21 has Charlie students. Instructors from 22 use them sometimes to fly lead for a form or other type of flight. We dont have too many Charlies so they are most likely Alphas.

22 has charlie students also. I'm pretty sure both were alphas.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
cisforsmasher said:
0530 sim... a f-ing PRACTICE sim that I dont even need. and a 1330 brief for a flight after our 1100 AOM. Its going to be a great day!

Not to pile on ... but in reality, for ALL you STUDs: Welcome to the World of Aviation.

Did you think it was a 9-to-5 job ... ???

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Did you think it was a 9-to-5 job ... ???

Nose's cruise schedule:
Crack of 0600: Hear no-loads being fired on CAT 3. Roll over, go back to sleep.
0700: Hear roommate #1 (CVW flight doc) roll out of rack to "go to work." Roll over, go back to sleep.
0730: Don't hear roomate #2 (CVW Strike Ops officer) roll out of rack to go to work. Roll over, go back to sleep.
0800: Hear roommate #3 (Other CVW LSO) roll out of rack for 0900 brief. Roll over, go back to sleep.
0900: Hear some whistles and somone saying something about sweepers. Roll over, back to sleep.
1030: Rudely awakened by Tomcat launching off of CAT 3.
1035: Begin morning piss and shower.
1045: Piss complete. Into shower.
1045-1105: Shower. Make new batch of drain babies.
1105-1115: Floss/brush. Shave. Dress. (BDU trou/white Flt Dk Jersey today)
1120: Walk 20 feet to CVW OPS office, check e-mail.
1130: Grab float coat. Start Aft.
1135: Stop in RR7, help the schedule writer see where I can fit in the Screwtop's schedule for tomorrow.
1140: Stop in RR8, grab ear plugs. Up to flight deck.
1145: Wave event 1 recovery, save a couple of lives.
1200: Chow. Chili Mac again.
1245: Turn over with other CAG LSO. Go to stateroom, put on bag, go to RR7 for brief.
1300: Brief.
1400: Walk
1415: Start
1430: Launch
1430-1545: Freedom.
1546: 3 wire. Awesome pass, has to be an OK.
1600: Get debrief from LSO. What I remember from the debrief "Blah blah blah blah blah, Fair 3." Respond with "Thanks for keeping me off the ramp, paddles." Dicks.
1615: Turn over with other CVW LSO, I've got the platfrom for the rest of the day.
1630: Check e-mail.
1645: Change back into waving gear.
1700: Wave next recovery, save a couple of lives.
1730: Dinner. Pork Adobo. Enjoy listening to Sidewinder JO's rag the OPS O. Dog is a little icy tonight.
1845: Wave last day recovery. Only save one life this time. Slightly overcast, sun going down. Glad I'm not flying tonight!!
1900: 40 minutes on Nordic track on Flag bridge. Man, is it dark out.
2015: Wave first night recovery. 4 Waveoffs. Dark as hell. Glad I'm not flying.
2030: Go to stateroom. Splitting headache. Get 3 Advil out of 5000count jar, wash down with Gatorade. Mental note to tell Doc Rusty to get us another 5000 count jar of Advil.
2145: Wave next night recovery. Man is it dark out. Almost star recovery, but S-3 nugget in the tanker bolters. Enjoy the 5 minutes of silence waiting for him to go around the pattern. Enjoy watching him fly a crappy-ass no-grade a bit less.
2200: Check flight schedules. Night trap tomorrow night. Spinchter tightens just a bit. RR3 rolling "Sands of Iwo Jima." God love the Marines.
2315: Wave last night recovery. Save a couple of lives. Star recovery. I rock.
2359: Midrats. Cereal. Popcorn. Watered down bug juice. Laugh and scratch listening to guys talk about flying tonight. Realize I get to go do it my own self in about 22 hours. Spinchter tightens a bit more.
0030: Back to CAG Ops. Do daily reports. Debrief CAG on sucky S-3 nugget.
0100: Back to room. Roomates watching football on AFN. Get out beach chair, pour Gatorade, eat pretzels, watch football.
0200: Brush teeth, into rack. Fade to sleep. Night trap tomorrow night.

Repeat 180 to 200 times.
Welcome to the war, Charlie does't care what time it is!

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Both jets were Alpha's and it appears that both were valid ejections. Of course that will have to be determined by the mishap boards. They lost only a day and a half for training. What matters is 3 good ejections with only minor bumps and bruises. It looks like the riggers will be neck deep in Champagne for awhile!!

That is not true. 22 has "C" students as well, although 21 has more "C" classes.

Both jets were Alpha's and it appears that both were valid ejections. Of course that will have to be determined by the mishap boards. They lost only a day and a half for training. What matters is 3 good ejections with only minor bumps and bruises. It looks like the riggers will be neck deep in Champagne for awhile!!

Was great news and even better sight to see XO greet them as they walk out of Helo under own power. That's always good news...and a good lesson...although I am sure there will be more once board is concluded. PULL THE GODDAMN HANDLE WHEN IT IS TIME TO...The seat works as advertised. Think the lastest numbers are 90% (of ejection fatallities) due to late ejections.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was great news and even better sight to see XO greet them as they walk out of Helo under own power.
Must be nice to have a helo. One of these days someone is going to punch in the Navy Meridian local area and get hung up in a pine tree overnight.

MasterBates

There is not more Lone Star SAR.

If the coasties picked them up, they came from NAS Corpus.

Anyone know who got them?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Must be nice to have a helo. One of these days someone is going to punch in the Navy Meridian local area and get hung up in a pine tree overnight.

Did the Hueys go away? They used to be the Station SAR there.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Coasties and SAR never got airborne. Lifeflight heard the Mayday call plus the ELT and was on top of them minutes after they landed.