• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

KillBOX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Blah, blah, blah ... Air Force .... :D ..... blah, blah, blah .... fitted flight suits ..... ascots .... blah, blah, blah .... Air Force .... blah, blah, blah .... I love Curtis LeMay ..... blah, blah, blah .....
icon14.gif

And so forth ... oh, yeah ... Mahalo and welcome aboard. :D

I note you have U-2 on your profile. What years, if you care to say -- or can say ??? I used to work with a U-2 guy -- a great guy, one of the best -- probably way before your time, however.

And --- as far as my airline "cockpit" ... that's confidential :D. Most of the Majors -- truth be known, probably all of 'em -- big or small -- are sliding down that PC path. The only thing that keeps it blue side up are mean 'ol Hao'le 747 Captains ... who call it the "cockpit".

Which, of course, is what "it" is ...... ;)

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
SemperGumbi: you're bashing on pilots doing multiple radar patterns? This, coming from a pilot that spends how many months in the T-45 bounce pattern?

I know you seem to realize the good natured ribbing and all now, but I have to reply:
When we bounce, we don't use the take-off runway. So no waiting there.
However....I get annoyed other T45's are doing an approach and prevent me from taking off. Double that when it is hot. I hate red lights in my car, too. Waiting? not exactly my thing.

And I have no doubt that most FAIPs don't call themselves fighter pilots. But that one did. And second hand or not (although second hand by the other 5 guys also at said bar), it is funny. Face it, you would laugh at him too. His other FAIP buddies did after he got ratted out.
:D

HuggyU2

None
I know you seem to realize the good natured ribbing and all now, but I have to reply:
When we bounce, we don't use the take-off runway. So no waiting there.
However....I get annoyed other T45's are doing an approach and prevent me from taking off. Double that when it is hot. I hate red lights in my car, too. Waiting? not exactly my thing.

And I have no doubt that most FAIPs don't call themselves fighter pilots. But that one did. And second hand or not (although second hand by the other 5 guys also at said bar), it is funny. Face it, you would laugh at him too. His other FAIP buddies did after he got ratted out.
:D
Again, apologies up front. Like you, I've sat around burning what little gas I've got waiting for the wave of folks shooting the radar patterns. Side note: I did get to "bounce" at Meridian a few months back in the T-45. Nice ride. However, all that stuff y'all have to wear was killing me. I'll take a pressure suit over your harness any day!

HuggyU2

None
RetreadRand said:
Looks like we found someone else to hang out with M. Ross Shulmister.
How about you hold off on the judgement thing, at least a few more days. Maybe I'll grow on you. If not, have at it.

MasterBates

How about you prove yourself worthy, and then MAYBE you will EARN our respect. If you don't have thick skin, STFU AF Donut Eater.

cisforsmasher

pilot
First, on the subject of "box/head/sts". It has NOTHING to do with political correctness, so get off that soap box. I find the whole thing childish too, but it's simply a "word game", if you will, like many traditions where you must buy rounds or pay money, should you violate the rules.

All i can think now is "i bet you that you cant say meow ten times."

"Do i look like a cat you boy? Am i jumping around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? Do you see me eating mice? Now you stop laughing, right meow!"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For crying out loud, people. Huggy came in a bit strong, but he throttled back and admitted it and is trying to adjust. We all have our AF stories that bug us, but it doesn't warrant a personal attack every other post.

We're done here for now.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Huggy posts on a few other forums I frequent. He is respected on all of them.

If you are nice to him, he might post some of his awesome U2 pics here.

Welcome Huggy. Glad you came over......but I'll still give the Air Farce shit just because......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.