• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kill me

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
What everyone else said.

In addition, I am a mech. engineering major, and I still found that 2 weeks of study were crucial to my success on the test. Its very important to brush up on any topics you may have already covered in your prior education, and also to learn the new material (spatial app, aviation/nautical knowledge). Would I have passed without the extensive prep? Probably. Would I have done anywhere near as well as I did without having studied? Hell no.

Use the search button, stop whining, get some study books, and remember that you control your own destiny - success or failure.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
How do these new scores work... I got a 7 7 5 8 7 in '93 or so, never knew what the hell it meant then either.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
How do these new scores work... I got a 7 7 5 8 7 in '93 or so, never knew what the hell it meant then either.

Use the search function. There's a lot of information on the board and google. For instance, I found this within .16 seconds after googling "ASTB scoring".

(Pumped I got to say that to an established member of the board, hahahaha).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Use the search function. There's a lot of information on the board and google. For instance, I found this within .16 seconds after googling "ASTB scoring".

You need something to do...

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
He's waiting in Corpus. Killing time on AW? Yeah, we all did that.

Wudgles

pilot
Dead day today. And dont act like everyone here wouldnt have done the same thing.

But, yeah... Otto's probably right.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
5 years ago, I bet the gouge on the internet wasn't as widely available as it is now (and 20 years ago, there probably was no gouge). I'd venture to say that people now are more prepared than they were 5 or 10 years ago. So for those saying that the test is an aptitude test and they walked in and had no issues, you may be right -- for when you took the test. Since it's scored on a bell curve and you could probably assume people are better prepared for it, an individual's preparation for it is becoming increasingly important. So just because you didn't need to study for it 10 years ago, doesn't mean someone now shouldn't.

Also, who knows what impact the state of the economy has on the ASTB. It's possible that a larger proportion of physics, math, and engineering whizzes are attempting to gain entry in the military than in previous years, bumping up the curve (although, it's also possible that more idiots are trying as well).

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot

Dead day today. And dont act like everyone here wouldnt have done the same thing.

But, yeah... Otto's probably right.

Three F-ups quoted above.

1. You were pumped for acting like a douche? Your post was equivalent to shitting on a BTDT dude as the FNG in the ready room. I can't wait to see your HW/SA grades.

2. Everyone here DIDN'T do the same thing...bad assumption...root word "ass?"

3. Otto is rarely right.

Read...listen...speak when spoken to. You have much to learn young padawan.

Wudgles

pilot
Boyd, have you ever heard of sarcasm or jokes? I thought the parenthetical I put on the "search" post made it clear the post was in jest. Guess I'll put an actual disclaimer on my posts from now on.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Hmm, thought the same thing when LeBron left Cleveland for Miami. But it's not worth it. Especially after the first try.

Adeniyi

Hey friend,dont do it dont even think of it,it does not worth a thing,i am in the same situation as yourself,i know how you feel because i feel the same way too right now,all you have to do is "regroup and reload" with more determination and a winning attitude you're going to do it.just study more than you did the first time and you should be good....ok..

gnarbot

Hey guys I drank alot last night. I did overreact. I did because I put time an effort into something and didnt get the results I expected. I am a physics major. But I have no previous background in Aviation or Ships. Looking back at it I dont think the reading section through me off or spatial. When i took practice tests. I got like 20/30 correct on avg with math and 17/30 on mech and same with nautical/aviation. I think that is what fucked my scores over. Anyways I am sorry for being a bitch. This was also my first post and it was a poor way to introduce myself.

My real question is HOW should i prepare better for these tests? and is a week really enough to prepare? Will the AFOQT be even harder?

Cheers

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Hey friend,dont do it dont even think of it,it does not worth a thing,i am in the same situation as yourself,i know how you feel because i feel the same way too right now,all you have to do is "regroup and reload" with more determination and a winning attitude you're going to do it.just study more than you did the first time and you should be good....ok..

Do you have an ethnic background? Reason I'm asking is your first sentence in bold above sucks. Also you don't typically capitalize any words at the beginning of a sentence as I have observed in your other posts.