• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kill me

gnarbot

So I just took the ASTB from a captain in the Marines. The test was on some funky computer through APEX.net. I studied all week for this test hoping to get high scores. But i ended up getting 4/5/4 45 I want to kill myself. It was a waste of a week. Also the internet he was using for the computerized version was some verizon chip card and I felt more time constrained because of the lag on the laptop.

What can I do to get my scores up?! Should i get barons book?

I want to kill myself right now.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
So I just took the ASTB from a captain in the Marines. The test was on some funky computer through APEX.net. I studied all week for this test hoping to get high scores. But i ended up getting 4/5/4 45 I want to kill myself. It was a waste of a week. Also the internet he was using for the computerized version was some verizon chip card and I felt more time constrained because of the lag on the laptop.

What can I do to get my scores up?! Should i get barons book?

I want to kill myself right now.

Search the forums here such as this one (see below), utilize the gouge, and study more than a week...

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/43-ASTB

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
#1 -- Settle the fuck down.
#2 -- Search for "ASTB" on the site. Lotta good information
#3 -- I'm assuming this is hyperbole, BUT if you're gonna freak out like this over everything, do not go into the military (especially not Naval Aviation).
#4 -- Take it again.

Oh yeah, and don't kill yourself (#5).

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
First of all, stop being so dramatic and get a grip. And saying you want to "kill yourself" is not a funny thing to say or joke about.....

If you want to do better, stop making excuses for the internet or whatever else it was. If it was REALLY THAT BAD, find a way to take the paper version.

How did you study beforehand if you didnt get a book? Also if you only put in a week for a test that could possibly determine your future, then that's bad on you, unless you're awesome at memorizing or can pick up on things quickly.

Anyways, if you want to do better, search this site for what others have used to study, who have done well. Get any kind of book/study materials you can and study your ass off until you feel like you're better prepared.

Go and have a beer or something and calm down. I know you're disappointed or whatever, but saying you want to kill yourself right now, is a bit over the top....especially for your first post/intro onto this site.

GreenLantern330

To emphasize what everyone else already said... really? You only studied for a week? Unless you're a physics, engineering, mathematics major, why on Earthy would you only study for a week?

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
To emphasize what everyone else already said... really? You only studied for a week? Unless you're a physics, engineering, mathematics major, why on Earthy would you only study for a week?

His profile says he studies physics, so....

GreenLantern330

It's an aptitude test.

But still, not everyone uses math or mechanics in their everyday lives. Especially after learning that stuff in high school and getting into college if you don't have a technical degree. You need to study to brush up on it and get used to the timing on the test. It's easy to forget how to do simple trig/precalculus algebra if you haven't done it in a while. Oh and at least for the ANIT and spatial apperception parts you can definitely study those. That said, you're right, it is an aptitude test. You'll only go so far with studying.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I took the test with absolutely no warning, and I have never taken a calculus course, or a college science course of any kind. The only part I felt unprepared for was nautical terms and questions like which side of a ship has a red light and which side has a green light. Maybe I got lucky. Back to the original post, stop being dramatic. You have other chances. Search this site, find some study gouge and try again.

Sonog

pilot
I think a lot of OSO's recommend putting 1 week into studying, especially if you're a science/math/engineering major. For most people its more than enough time to get the mins. The OP isn't too far off.

Brunes

pilot
I think a lot of OSO's recommend putting 1 week into studying, especially if you're a science/math/engineering major. For most people its more than enough time to get the mins. The OP isn't too far off.

There is a difference between getting the mins and getting a score worth looking at. Right now- The mins probably aren't gunna cut it to get picked up.

And OP- If you are going to get all spooled up about stuff and go off talking about killing yourself to a bunch of strangers- Don't bother with the test again...The military won't suit you.

81montedriver

pilot
I took the test with absolutely no warning, and I have never taken a calculus course, or a college science course of any kind. The only part I felt unprepared for was nautical terms and questions like which side of a ship has a red light and which side has a green light. Maybe I got lucky. Back to the original post, stop being dramatic. You have other chances. Search this site, find some study gouge and try again.

Dam right. I took the test with no warning at all. At the same time, smart OSO's gouge up their guys for the test but shit a week should have been enough time.

At the OP: STOP BEING A WHINY LITTLE BITCH

KBayDog

OP, I'll continue to beat the horse:

1. Calm the hell down. It's not the end of the world; it's just a test. Get a study guide/gouge and take it again. (The ASTB isn't rocket surgery, and the study guides/gouge out there will help steer you towards the type of test that the ASTB is. The test is a lot of "technique.")

2. Air Warriors has a metric ton of such advice and information - check out the site and see what it has to offer.

3. Do not joke about wanting to kill yourself. Those of us in "The Biz" take such statements very, very seriously. If it's just you being overly dramatic, knock it off. If you're really that despondent, you need to seek help. Now.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
There is a difference between getting the mins and getting a score worth looking at. Right now- The mins probably aren't gunna cut it to get picked up.

And OP- If you are going to get all spooled up about stuff and go off talking about killing yourself to a bunch of strangers- Don't bother with the test again...The military won't suit you.

ASTB is pass/fail for the Marines. Mins are as good as a 9/9/9.