• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

alfanier

Hi everyone,
This is my first post, though I’ve been reading a lot on this forum over the last year. I am applying for a pilot slot after I finish school- my main concern is my eye condition, keratoconus. I just got CXL surgery to prevent it from progressing and I still have 20/20 vision, but from what I’ve seen online, this type of thing is a disqualifier even with a waiver. I want to know, has anyone on here been able to pass MEPS and the flight physical with keratoconus?

I did come up with a backup career plan in case I do get permanently disqualified, but I am still going to try my best and apply.

exNavyOffRec

I have had applicants with this condition and known other OR's who had applicants with this condition, waivers were not entertained.

exNavyOffRec

and MEPS did not care if they had 20/20 vision or CXL surgery- it was just a straight no out of the shoe?
MEPS has nothing to do with finding a person PQ or not, they just administer the physical, N3M makes that determination based on the Navy Medical Manual and it is a DQ condition. I had a guy who was diagnosed with it while on AD, he left after 4 years, finished his degree and wanted to come back in, but was denied due to Keratoconus.