• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Keeping pilots in cockpits

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
hamod said:
hello everybody please anybody can find a job for me ???
i am a jet pilot from iraq and its too risky to stay here and i had a lot of threats from the terrorists and some unknown people to kill me because i was a pilot !!!! i dont know why tey are hate us ??? with best regards

Hmmm.

I do think it would be interesting to see what it was like to be in the Iraqi airforce. I'm guessing it was pretty sh!tty.

Well Mr Hamod, I belive a man by the name of Johnathan Orstein can find you a job. :D

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Bret,

This was assuming that we would both do full tours .... like 30 years... I agree fixed wing, manned aviation will probably be around much longer than that.... some people think that UCAVs and what not will take over sooner but I doubt it....I wouldn't be surprised if we are still flying JSFs and F/A-22s in 2045. However, it was hard to hear two Majors expressing their opinion that we'd be the last.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bret,

This was assuming that we would both do full tours .... like 30 years... I agree fixed wing, manned aviation will probably be around much longer than that.... some people think that UCAVs and what not will take over sooner but I doubt it....I wouldn't be surprised if we are still flying JSFs and F/A-22s in 2045. However, it was hard to hear two Majors expressing their opinion that we'd be the last.

Welcome to the ineptitude and inadequacy that is the O-4. ;)

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Welcome to the ineptitude and inadequacy that is the O-4. ;)

Brett

Ineptitude and inadequacy. That's why I skipped (almost) that particular rank.

9 years as LT -- Regular/Reserve ... twice "passed over" for O-4 (we thought ??) ... WTF, over !!! ??? :)
< 2 years as LCDR ... ??? :)
CDR @ 14 years ... a little early but who's counting ... :)

There's a story herein ... but not worth going into ...

G

griever

what's up with riverguide? for a minute i thought i was reading a monologue from some idealist space opera. how creepy.