• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JUST CURIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyJayUSN

Yes, that's if you honestly believe that all independents split just the republican ticket (which I don't, Clinton just got lucky in my opinion)...

And, how old am I again? I can't remember if it was the real thing or a high school mock election that I voted in back in 92....

psrogers

Intel Officer
We are all republicans, we are all democrats. God bless George Washington and the constitution, I say.

I just like an able and just ruler to keep the peace.

grouch

The constition has been perverted into something not intended. Right to bear arms? Doesn't say that boys. It says that your god giving right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Free speach? Well not if some little pink puke is offended by the words you say. States rights? Not if it is contrary to federal power grabs. Income tax? Show me in the constitution where it give the government the right to shanghi your money. Wake up! The constitution is not a living doccument open for interpritation. It is what it says it is and no more. The liberals will tell you otherwise. Oh please Mr. liberal, please take away my rights so that I may be safe. Please tell me the foods I can eat so that I won't get fat. Please tell me what I can drive so that the oil companies don't get rich. Please tell where I can talk on my cell phone so that I am not a danger to myself. Please do not let me buy a gun because I might hurt someone. Please give me a little white safety hat so that I might look like some little Japanese school kid. Please fix my woes.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
I'm more conservative now in many ways than I was five years ago, so maybe I might feel differently after a few years in the USMC. Or I might not. Somehow, there are a few democrats left who went through years of military service including combat (John Kerry comes to mind) who somehow haven't yet seen the light of the GOP as posters on this board seem to suggest they should. I think a lot of Republicans associate all Democrats with the McGovern-peacenik wing of the party, even though they're a pretty small faction and most of them voted for Nader in 2000 anyway.

As for the comparison of service records (especially why this always comes up in respect to Clinton) here's the point I was trying to make:

Lloyd Bentsen's kid used political connections to get into a Nat'l Guard unit and avoid fighting in Vietnam. George W. Bush used political connections to get into a Nat'l Guard unit and avoid fighting in Vietnam.

Bill Clinton used a bunch of tricky legal maneuvers to avoid the draft in Vietnam. Dick Cheney used a bunch of tricky legal maneuvers to avoid the draft in Vietnam.

Why is it that in both of these cases, the former shameful individual example was a major campaign issue which supposedly proved the disregard of the Democratic party for national security, while the latter could be conveniently ignored even as the draft-dodger in question wrapped himself in Old Glory at the GOP convention?

This really doesn't play any role in my thinking about joining the service though, since I want to serve my country rather than any party. I wouldn't think very highly of someone who chose not to serve in the 90's just because they didn't like Clinton, so I can't imagine avoiding service now because I'd rather have a different Commander in Chief.

Goliath112

Originally posted by grouch
The constition has been perverted into something not intended. Right to bear arms? Doesn't say that boys. It says that your god giving right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Free speach? Well not if some little pink puke is offended by the words you say. States rights? Not if it is contrary to federal power grabs. Income tax? Show me in the constitution where it give the government the right to shanghi your money. Wake up! The constitution is not a living doccument open for interpritation. It is what it says it is and no more. The liberals will tell you otherwise. Oh please Mr. liberal, please take away my rights so that I may be safe. Please tell me the foods I can eat so that I won't get fat. Please tell me what I can drive so that the oil companies don't get rich. Please tell where I can talk on my cell phone so that I am not a danger to myself. Please do not let me buy a gun because I might hurt someone. Please give me a little white safety hat so that I might look like some little Japanese school kid. Please fix my woes.

its all somebody else's fault right? stuff like this reminds me of the old Kernel [:D] err colonel on American Beauty "when he says this country is is going to s h i t"
we should stop assigning blame to one group for all our woes. The liberals aren't to blame for everything. conversly if they say the republicans are to blame for everything then they are wrong as well.

O-man

O-man there just got a little carried away with his shpeal. Really, I had No idea about the green party and just thought that they must like to save trees. I think that its nice that some people keep track of those things, though I dont want them running anything more than fund raisers for stuff. Its good to never pass up the opertunity to keep your mouth shut, but talking about things you dont really know about keeps life interesting. In fact, we should all follow, rather than Learn from my example- it'll be fun![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.