• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JUST CURIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiken82

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS ARE DEMOCRATS/REPUBLICANS? WAS THINKING IT WOULD BE HARD TO GET ONBOARD WITH THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY THESE DAYS AND BE IN THE MILITARY OR EVEN BE A STRONG SUPPORTER OF THE ARMED FORCES, THE PARTY SEEMS FULL OF OPPOSITION TO DEFENSE SPENDING. WOULD LOVED TO HEAR OPINION FROM BOTH SIDES!!

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
I know a VERY small number of people in the military that are dems... Definitely the exception.

However, there are actually a lot of folks, particularly more junior, who are pretty much apolitical.

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

DevilDog

When I was in the Marine Corps from 1990-94 most of my friends were republicans, but then again nobody liked Clinton because he was commander and chief but never served himself. He could send us to war, but opposed it himself when he was young.

Originally posted by kaiken82
HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS ARE DEMOCRATS/REPUBLICANS? WAS THINKING IT WOULD BE HARD TO GET ONBOARD WITH THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY THESE DAYS AND BE IN THE MILITARY OR EVEN BE A STRONG SUPPORTER OF THE ARMED FORCES, THE PARTY SEEMS FULL OF OPPOSITION TO DEFENSE SPENDING. WOULD LOVED TO HEAR OPINION FROM BOTH SIDES!!

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
hmmmm, I see we have another "Clint" fan on here......

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Rainman

pilot
I just salute smartly and carry out my orders[:D]. I vote, and collect data (ooh rah CSPAN) and do my best not to get too involved.

Raptor2216

Q-ball..are you kidding?

Personally I don't belong to any particular party, instead I try to pick out and support the best candidate.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Does the NRA count?

Dirty Harry

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
I still laugh every time I see "never trust a draft dodger" and "Bush-Cheney 2000" bumper stickers on the same car. Since I'm a Dem (although I like to think of myself as being from the JFK/"Scoop" Jackson wing of the party rather than the McGovern wing) I've had the same question as kaiken82 in the back of my head since I started thinking about joining the Corps, but it's never really been one of the chief concerns I've had with joining. My family (much more liberal Democrats or Naderites) is going berserk over the prospect that I might be signing a service contract with Bush still in the White House, though. The bottom line is, I'd be committing to serve my country rather than any party. It would be pretty hard to pick who you wanted to go fight for, anyway- given how frequently the party in control of the White House changes, there's a pretty good chance that the CINC when you finish an 8-10 year aviation contract won't be from the same party as the guy who was there when you started. But I'm not a Marine yet, so it doesn't really matter what I think.

O-man

Hhmmmm, Ok, I guess I am about 2 parts libratarian, 1 part repb. I have sympathy for some (not all) liberals,but can't get over the impulse to push the weak chick outa the nest in times of crisis. The green party and I see eye to eye, but I dont get the newlsetter. I let my friends tell me about it. in all truth I dont dig politics on this level at all, and even though I go to bat for our buddy george- I giggle when he talks. Words are not his language, but he's my man.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I think he broke the record for "most executions" by a Texas Gov'r.

Gotta Love TEXAS!!!

Dirty Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.