• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Juniors/Seniors PLC Program Eliminated

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
India only had about 280 at graduation, we started with a little over 300. The first few days was a mess because they only had 4 platoons. 1 female and 3 male so there were almost 100 people in the platoons. I have no idea what they were thinking when they were planning that out but they had to move some staff from the sr. class to our company to accommodate the massive numbers.

Was that after inprocessing and the initial PFT?

wtweber

To be honest I have no idea. Those days are still kind of a blur. I think it was right before pickup but I'm not sure.

MasterHaynes86

just finished echo as well and i wouldn't trade plc jr/sr for anything... sure some costs get cut... but it is a good program
the truly dedicated return and WANT to become officers which means u get some very motivated people for the program.
if u get hurt in week 4 u can usually tough it out until graduation... vice 10 weeker may go through medical for a couple weeks, eat up some of the govts money, and then get sent home to be fixed which continues to cost money until all is fixed up... then they re apply, ect which takes up even more money (and they ship out again...)

There are pros and cons to going down to only 10 week sessions and keeping the current set up... what happens happens... I think if they dropped to PLC-C and OCC only, they would need two companies of PLC-C to accomodate for the numbers lost to PLC jr/sr to keep up with the expansion of the Marine Corps. OCC wouldn't really need any change... They would just need more room for all the PLC-C applicants and what WOULD be PLC/Jr applicants

Just my two cents... it might not make much sense, but keep reading and it will... like i said, i just got back from Srs so please be forgiving on typos and coherency. Thanks

GET SOME

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
just finished echo as well and i wouldn't trade plc jr/sr for anything... sure some costs get cut... but it is a good program
the truly dedicated return and WANT to become officers which means u get some very motivated people for the program.
if u get hurt in week 4 u can usually tough it out until graduation... vice 10 weeker may go through medical for a couple weeks, eat up some of the govts money, and then get sent home to be fixed which continues to cost money until all is fixed up... then they re apply, ect which takes up even more money (and they ship out again...)

There are pros and cons to going down to only 10 week sessions and keeping the current set up... what happens happens... I think if they dropped to PLC-C and OCC only, they would need two companies of PLC-C to accomodate for the numbers lost to PLC jr/sr to keep up with the expansion of the Marine Corps. OCC wouldn't really need any change... They would just need more room for all the PLC-C applicants and what WOULD be PLC/Jr applicants

Just my two cents... it might not make much sense, but keep reading and it will... like i said, i just got back from Srs so please be forgiving on typos and coherency. Thanks

GET SOME
Welcome back to the World buddy, it never seemed so great, huh?!?

MasterHaynes86

the transition back to being around civilians has been alot easier this time due to prior experience from Jrs... And yes, being off brown field is nice... We crossed the bridge 102 times i believe involuntarily for chow and what not... The only way I'd go back to OCS is on a B billet, and even then... I'm not sure I'd want to do that, lol... I bet it is easier when you know the schedule :)
Time to go eat a Klondike bar, watch some TV, and sleep for physics 2 that picks up tomorrow for 6 weeks... Lucky 2nd increment guys dont have to do physics... I honestly dont know which is worse, OCS or physics 2...

I kid, I kid... we all know which one is worse

as for bulldog, i dunno how it would affect it... they need someone to whip the tar out of them at pugil sticks and the field meet... without the PLC Jr/Sr program (not really the jrs, more the srs) there is no one there to do that ;)

Lawman

None
My question would be are they going to split up the summer and have two vice one PLC-Combined Companys. There were 6 full strength Platoons in Alpha and Charlie this summer, I guess they would either have to split up the summer or just have 3 or 4 Companys on deck in the summer period to take up the space that India/Kilo/Golf/Echo normally take.