• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Juniors/Seniors PLC Program Eliminated

Rasczak

Marine
That's right, according to my OSO and several others around the nation, Jrs. Srs. PLC program is being scratched and everyone that is trying for a Marine Corps commission will have to complete the 10 week program, OCC or PLC-C. I don't have any official links to any MARADMIN stuff but I'm hoping someone can post one of those nifty links here..

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
This was also confirmed by my OSO. All Candidates currently in the program will finish the way they were contracted, but apparently OSOs are to only seek out Sophmores and Juniors for PLC-C as well as the OCCers in the future.

skidz

adrenaline junky
Just contacted my OSO for further clarification.

Now a question. Can you go through OCC after your sophmore or junior year or do you have to wait till after you get your degree?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
OCC is essentially the same as PLC-C only it is for College Grads. If you havent graduated college yet then you can only go to PLC-C. In order to be commissioned, you must possess a College diploma, hence why there is a commissioning ceremony at the end of OCC.

skidz

adrenaline junky
So PLC-C taking the place of PLC juniors and seniors is basically the only change.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
no. the only change is that PLC Jrs/Srs is going away. Now Applicants can only be selected for Combined or OCC. They also have to wait until they are at the appropriate poin in school to apply for Combined. so basically a Freshmen cant get selected for PLC anymore.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Damn. Any word on whether they're making NROTC guys go through the 10 week course or are they still going to have a 6 week seniors session for them? Glad I got through a few years ago if this crap hits the ROTC guys!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Sounds great to me. I did 10 and wouldnt want to do anything different. Every person I have spoke to about it who has done the 2 session thing wishes they could go once and get it over with in one shot. Personally I think ROTC and boat skool kids should do 10 as well, but thats me.

usmcecho4

pilot
Sounds great to me. I did 10 and wouldnt want to do anything different. Every person I have spoke to about it who has done the 2 session thing wishes they could go once and get it over with in one shot. Personally I think ROTC and boat skool kids should do 10 as well, but thats me.

Two 6 week sessions ruled and I wouldn't trade the extra years on my PEBD for anything...except maybe beer.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Personally I think ROTC and boat skool kids should do 10 as well, but thats me.

That's beating a dead horse. Most of the ROTC clowns I went through with didn't really learn a whole lot. It was basically a way to get some extra discipline and was mostly heavy duty screening and evaluation. 6 weeks is planety of time to figure out if one of these guys is going to cut it or not. 10 weeks for ROTC and boat school is a waste of money and time.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know the reasoning?

Is there only going to be one ten weeker or will they have a 1st and 2nd increment?

skidz

adrenaline junky
I was just told by my OSO that PLC junior/seniors has NOT eliminated. I think I'll take his word over this thread's.

Rasczak

Marine
See and I heard just the opposite from mine. Like I said before, we just have to wait until something official is posted.