• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNC141

Redline...I think I may be in your class at OCS. I swear in on the 6th of Feb., so I will receive my date shortly there after. I am graduating from a real school down the road from you in May. Go Tar Heels!!!!

JD

el_riddle I see that you graduated from UK, so did I. I'm in the process right now, hopefully I'll get selected. Was senior chief wyatt your recuiter? Anyway good luck

mattlowery

uh oh, starting to feel a little tension between the NCs in the house. hehe question, are we issued a new pair of running shoes at OCS? i heard that we are supposed to bring our own for the first week, but we are issued a new pair after that. also, this may be the dumbest damn question in the world, but do our (guys) briefs have to actually be briefs, or can they be "boxer briefs"?? anyone know what the heck i'm talking about? they aren't boxers, but the longer, tighter type briefs. i hate regular briefs, but suppose i could handle it for 13 weeks, lol. are we allowed to wear a watch the entire time we are there, or is that just for exercise purposes? will the 5 copies of our orders be in the package from our recruiter when we pick it up before we leave, or are we supposed to make 5 copies of it? trying to get all this stuff together. anyone else currently have a job and leaving it to become an officer besides myself and Mike? if so, are you just going to store your things in storage for a few months and then have them moved down later? do single people have the option of living in an apartment offbase? if so, does the Navy provide housing allowance for those who choose to do so? or are single people only offered BOQ? we don't have to pay extra for BOQ right?? kinda confused about the whole living arrangements subject after OCS. any answers and guidance appreciated, thanks!

Matt L.

el_riddle

60 bubba
JD,
hey buddy, nice to know some u.k. people are in the house! did you see that florida game tonight? crazy. anyway, yeah, senior chief wyatt was my recruiter and he helped a ton i thought. just go through the motions he gives you and you'll be alright. i actually just talked on the phone this week to another guy named kyle ashby who is leaving for ocs on march 8th, with an aviator spot. for a land lock state, i'd say we're doing alright, huh. if you need anything, give me a shout 492-7825. good luck
luke

UNC141

Matt...Good questions about OCS. I have some of the same questions, not about the underwear, but about moving/storing stuff. Can anyone tell me what they did, or suggest that we do? Should I store my stuff down in Pensicola or in NC during OCS. My Pops thinks I should try to sell all of my stuff before OCS so I don't have to worry about it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. Redline - enjoy it now, it doesn't happen often...we'll be back baby!!

UNC141

Matt...should I move my stuff to Pensicola and put it in storage there or keep in my current location until API?

unfUSN

UNC141 - I'd put my stuff in storage if I were you... your only joining the Navy not a cult. When you get out you'll want your stuff back...

ENS Payne

Thomas B

Hey been reading this forum and I wanted to through my hat into the mix:
Louisiana Tech University, Go Dawgs!!
2001 WAC Confrence Champions!

Will be going to OCS March 23 with an Aviator slot!

Fly Navy!!!
Thomas

Edited by - Thomas B on 02/11/2002 20:17:14

Gator

I was slated to to start OCS this past January, but I tore my ACL in half and had to have reconstuctive surgery. Which means that I should be leaving for OCS in either June or July. It all depends on when the surgeon clears me.

Gator

Charlie,
I am going to try my best to get out of here as soon as possible. I have another follow up with my surgeon around the first of April and will have a better idea of when he will clear me for OCS.

pdt1702

Only two more months! Anyone else find out if they are in the June 15 class? I started running outside yesterday now that the weather is getting nice. I had been running on a treadmill and I have to say there is a big difference. If anyone is training for OCS on a treadmill I highly suggest running outdoors, there will be a significant difference in your times.

Status
Not open for further replies.