• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June - OCS 183

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimphil

Before you read what I have to say, I must warn you, "I have no idea what I'm talking about!"

Now that we have that out of the way, here is what I have gathered. There are no ground slots for OCC 183 open. There were no ground slots open for OCC 182 last year. However, my OSO sent people in to OCC 182 (ground contract) at the last minute when some ground slots opened. If you are a highly qualified applicant (good GPA, high PFT, etc) and you insist that you want ground, I suspect there is a small chance that you might get into OCC 183 on a ground contract. Otherwise, set your sights on OCC 184.

You can go in on an air contract, graduate OCS and TBS and then switch to ground, but you had better want to be a Marine officer badly. I only say that because you might not have your first (or second) choice of MOS if you do that. If you want to try this and switch to infantry (can the Marines ever have too much infantry?) you might have a decent shot at landing that MOS. If you want intelligence, or armor, you might not have very good luck.

What I'm saying, if you want a ground slot and can wait, I'd suggest you do so. In the long run, it might make your life easier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

Jonathan Williamson

I heard that the board meets mid-April...my OSO is refusing to let me take a PFT until at least after next week...Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you down...

So what can I do? any advice?

Jonathan Williamson

Well, I just finalized my contract paperwork today and did my PFT (official) and scored a 279 on it. I am going for an air spot for OCS class 183 in June. My OSO is giving my 98% chances, just wanted to wish everyone else luck and I hope to see you all down there...

hobbs77

What are your stats Jonathan, if you don't mind me asking?

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

davidsin

5 points per pull-up max 100=20 pull-ups
1 point per crunch done within 2 mins max 100

100 points for a 3 mile run done in 18 mins. 1 point deducted for every 10 secs over 18 mins. (ie. 3 mile in 20 mins and 24 secs would be 85.6 points) 24/60=0.4 0.4+20=20.4 100-[6(20.4-18)]=85.6

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

Jonathan Williamson

Originally posted by hobbs77
What are your stats Jonathan, if you don't mind me asking?

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

Don't mind at all, I will of course list my stats as of my finalized contract date to make it easy.

PFT = 279 (17 pullups, 100 crunchs, 18:57 3-mile run)
ASTB ~ Not sure exact scores but my OSO says its 2 pts higher on each part then needed for NFO.
Contract (Air/Ground) = Air, SNA
Age = 22
GPA = 3.1
Height = 5'11"
Weight = 155 lbs.

Not sure exactly what other stats I can give but would willingly answer any questions.

Semper Fi, Do or Die

Status
Not open for further replies.