• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June - OCS 183

Status
Not open for further replies.

budaploud

I'm taking the ASTB tomorrow morning...then flight physical and PFT...trying to get in the June OCS in Aviation. I'll let you know how it goes.

res22cue

Hi all, I'm trying for the June class also. Have to take the ASTB and PFT still. Yeah, let us know how the test went.

budaploud

I took the ASTB on Tuesday morning. I found it to be quite easy. I I scored 8,9,8...and somewhere in the 60's for the OAR (don't remember...my score sheet is at home). If you have any questions about it, don't hesitate to ask. I glanced through the ARCO book and found that it was fairly informative. Good luck to you all.

davidsin

I've been bumped again to the June 03 OCC class.
banghead_125.gif
I'm done with all the physicals, astb, etc..and I don't quite remeber my ASTB score...all I know is that I passed. My package was already submitted with 259pft. I did two contracts Air/ground. I'm waiting for a word from HQ. Until then I guess it's pt until I find out more.

Right now I'm at about 269 and shooting for 300 by June. Good luck all. Stay motivated.

OSO says 270 is a realistic number to secure a spot for OCS.

Semper Fi

JF

Hang in there Davidsin. Here on teh East Coast my OSO said he should know the selection board results Monday or Tuesday.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Anyone know when the board for June OCC meets? It sounds like some of the PLC applicants get to hear well in advance, but you have to wait pretty much until the last month to hear results for OCC boards. Davidsin- how did you do two contracts? My OSO told me you couldn't do that- first of all since they don't have any OCC ground slots open for a while, and since you have to choose one or the other anyway. Did you hear something different?

"Peace on earth to men of goodwill. All others stand by."

budaploud

My OSO told me to expect the board to meet and have decisions made by late march...early april. that's all i know. i'm all done with the app and tests...just waiting to hear about what is going to happen with my life...just like the rest of you. good luck

kimphil

I was shooting for 182 but my PFT scores were miserable so I'm now shooting for 183. I took the ASTB and passed the pilot portion but failed the NFO portion (go figure). Passed the flight physical, etc. and ready to be a pilot otherwise. I will have a first class PFT by the end of January (knock on wood). Hopefully I will have 250 pft or better before OCS in June.

BTW, a 270 PFT is the "number" you need for a ground contract. For aviation, it's somewhat lower (don't know precisely how low, might depend on whether you are going as an NFO or pilot). Does this sound like what you've heard from your OSO?

budaploud

no...i haven't heard that. one of my friends just graduated 181 ground...had lower than a 270...i don't think there is any formula to this whole thing to be quite honest.

Kimphils Girl

No... there is a formula. If you watch "Full Metal Jacket" you will see just how hard the marines have to work out to make it through OCS.

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

kimphil

Originally posted by Kimphils Girl
No... there is a formula. If you watch "Full Metal Jacket" you will see just how hard the marines have to work out to make it through OCS.

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

Don't tell me that you watched "Full Metal Jacket" to get good gouge?
propeller_125.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ... Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.