• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 24th, 2007

monki17

I just contacted OCS... Our Class Officer is... LT Sowers. Add him to your memorization:) Also, contact OCS if you would like to request a Mentor!

Best,
Monica

Enginerd

ENS / SNA
I tried contacting OCS through the OCTP website to request a mentor and could not get it to work. Or they haven't contacted me yet....

monki17

I tried the OCS website as well... It didn't work. As such, I contacted the OCS PAO at (850) 452-2101.

Has anyone gone on to NKO to complete Naval History and such yet?

Enginerd

ENS / SNA
Yes, I have completed all the courses on NKO. Naval History is the longest (8 sections). The quiz at the end of each section is easy and the Final Exam (45 questions) is mostly made up of those questions. The only other difficult course is the one with all the memorization stuff. Good news is that you can retake the exams until you get 100 on them.

Enginerd

ENS / SNA
I was looking over the list of what to bring and I noticed there is a listing for Females to bring a swimsuit but no such listing for males. Do we need to bring a swimsuit or will it be issued?

gtg941f

pilot
I was looking over the list of what to bring and I noticed there is a listing for Females to bring a swimsuit but no such listing for males. Do we need to bring a swimsuit or will it be issued?

From what I've heard, it will be issued.

nugget81

pilot

Males will be issued PT shorts, which double as swim shorts.

red1323

I've been doing some forum searching on the "What does a mentor do?" question and so far all I've been able to come up with is:

Your mentor is usually your class officer
Mentors are usually difficult to get ahold of
Your mentor can/may give you the current, full (as much as possible) COC for your class, your class number, and login to NKO, all of which will help, none of it is necessary.

Anyone out there with more/better info on this is welcome to chime in/correct me.

sirkha

Looks like I'll be joining this class too, stupid cold. Anyone driving mind if i throw my cell phone in their car? I plan to fly out on Saturday.

alrodeck

Uhh, what is the next step in the EP?
Dude, quit your job on the way out the door, once you are in the Navy, you won't need to worry about a reccomendation from your company, and really, that is the only reason anyone gives the obligatory two week notice.