• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 2010 Boards

tcufrog

Hey everyone,

First off I wanted to say good luck to everyone on the June boards and I pray that we will all be meeting each other in Newport in the next few months. I talked to my recruiter this morning and he said that my packet will be sent off soon, but we are trying to get one more interview from a Supply Officer in Pensacola Florida but he says that my packet is pretty strong without that.

22/M

Applying for Supply/SWO/Intel

Just took the OAR (Vision is well beyond the necessary requirements to be a pilot) and scored a 59. My OR said it is the highest score he has ever seen except for a former coast guard pilot that was transferring into the NAVY. Just to give you guys some background information as well, someone from Corpus Christi TX (where I am from) got in as a supply officer a few months ago with a 53 OAR.

GPA 3.297 from Texas Christian University (started working full time my last two semesters because my father lost his job) but I have made a few deans lists
Dont know any officers but got a LOR from a Criminal Judge that taught a criminal court class as well as two other letters from employers that I have worked for for multiple years each.

I was a leader in my college ambassadors program (mainly I worked for athletic recruiting) and I was also a baseball coach through high school for little league team. I was a youth leader at our church. I was a four year letterman in baseball as well as a captain of the team, three year letterman in track (all thre years I ran at the South Texas Regional Meet) and a two year letterman in football as a tail back. I also played Ice Hockey for a local travel team in Corpus as well as on Texas Christians University club team, also played on the club baseball team. I was in National Honors Society for two years in High School

I have no police record or anything like that. My recuriter said I did some things on my application that were different and he liked so maybe that will make my application stand out, I sure hope so.

Motivational statement was pretty good, but what can you do with 400 words right (although my OR said do not worry about exceeding that limit)

If there are any other Christians out there that do not mind praying for me to help me get in I would greatly appreciate it. I am doing the same for all of you every night, (no such thing as an atheist in a fox hole right). Good luck to everyone and I will see you at OCS.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I guess today is the last day for submitting a package for the June Boards... good luck to y'all!

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Nope. Problems with my packet for May pushed it to June. Now, I've learned that my packet has not made it to Millington, TN. In fact, it is still in New Orleans waiting to be sent.

Still...the first month was the worst. These next few months? Not too bad, I think.

Here's hoping, fellas.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I just found out today that the processor, who's had my packet for a week now, has not submitted my packet. Despite daily contact, I just found out today that the formatting for one of my letters of recommendation is incorrect. My Commanding Officer has to put it on Army letterhead, putting it on a DD-368 won't suffice. Also, I'm being required to submit additional personnel records. I wish I had known about this LAST week. Oh well, maybe it made it, or if not, I'll be seeing you in the July thread marmoset.

tcufrog

Is today officially the day to send in your packets. I guess it is different for every recruiting district because my RO told me today that as long as we get my packet turned in by Friday then we are in prime shape. Hope yours is the same eas

kitemen

Good luck everyone!!!

I was selected for sna on the March board, but my selection was “disregarded”. My recruiter’s reason was that my optometrist letter did not arrive in time for the medical consideration. The reason I needed a letter was because I only passed the depth perception test at meps with prescription glasses (20/30). The recruited found out that it was disqualifying (after his vacation), contradicting the Doc at MEPS, who told me I passed the exam for SNA.

Anyways, my application is going back to the board this month for another review.

…triple check what your recruiter does for you, even after selection! I learned the hard way

jlil41

Good luck everyone!!!

I was selected for sna on the March board, but my selection was “disregarded”. My recruiter’s reason was that my optometrist letter did not arrive in time for the medical consideration. The reason I needed a letter was because I only passed the depth perception test at meps with prescription glasses (20/30). The recruited found out that it was disqualifying (after his vacation), contradicting the Doc at MEPS, who told me I passed the exam for SNA.

Anyways, my application is going back to the board this month for another review.

…triple check what your recruiter does for you, even after selection! I learned the hard way

That blows man, good luck on the second time around. At least you know your packet was selected the first time. Should be good to go the second time I would think!!

tcufrog

Kite,

Man that sucks and if it means anything I'm sorry. You were Pro Recd in a pretty tough board it seemed from reading the stats right now so hopefully you will get a repeat performance, except for all of that bad stuff in the end. I will pray that you dont get screwed over.

Overlord243

Final-Select SNA 20 Feb 2011 OCS Date
Can you explain what you needed to do to get that letter Kiteman? I ask because I also had to use my glasses (20/25 vision) to pass the depth perception test as well. Nobody has said anything to me about that either (I'm also SNA). I guess that test trips a lot of people up. It's funny because I have 900hrs flight time and have never experienced any problems...

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
Can you explain what you needed to do to get that letter Kiteman? I ask because I also had to use my glasses (20/25 vision) to pass the depth perception test as well. Nobody has said anything to me about that either (I'm also SNA). I guess that test trips a lot of people up. It's funny because I have 900hrs flight time and have never experienced any problems...

You would need to get tested for depth perception at your local optometrist and ask for a copy of the results.