• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July-Ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board Thread

Pwinslow

I got to MEPS on my date and it turned out they never actually scheduled me. So I had to wait another week. Then that turned into a 6 month waiting game for hospital records. Oh the joys...
Same thing happened to me mate. 45 min drive to my NRD, then another 45 min drive to MEPS in Brooklyn, only to get turned away... good times.

Shane Flesher

First off thank you to everyone with the useful gouge provided. Took the ASTB last week and obtained a score of 51/6/7/7. Books that I used to study were the ARCO GMAT and ASTB-E study guide by Accepted. I have been working on my motivational statement and was hoping for some feedback on it as well as general feedback as far as gpa, scores and motivational statement go.

ASTB: 51/6/7/7
GPA: 3.34
Majors: Criminal Justice, Psychology
Minor: Political Science
School: Washington State University
Top three choices: NA/NFO/SWO

As a college graduate I knew I wanted to protect fellow Americans and the best way for me to do that is to join the United States Navy as an officer. Growing up as an outdoorsman and an athlete I quickly learned how to work as a member of a team as well as how to work by myself when necessary. I greatly value both of these traits because during different times in life both are necessary. These two traits taught me how to be successful while I went to college. Being successful throughout my college years allowed me to work two jobs, maintain good study habits and graduate early with a double major in Criminal Justice, Psychology and obtain a minor in Political Science all simultaneously. The hardships and long hours during these years have prepared me for the challenges and hardships ahead in life.

Growing up in the United States has allowed me numerous freedoms and liberties not available anywhere else in the world. All of these freedoms and liberties have come from an insurmountable cost, the cost of life from countless individuals before me. Those that have made the ultimate sacrifice while serving in the United States have allowed all Americans to live free and safe. I am going to do my part to protect the interests, freedoms and liberties of the United States through my association with the United States Navy.

My grandfather, who served in the Army during the Korean War, taught me that there is no greater sense of accomplishment and pride than serving in the United States military. Given the opportunity to become an officer in the United States Navy will give me the ultimate sense of accomplishment and pride for my country. That accomplishment and pride will immediately coincide with dedication, commitment and nationalism.

Throughout my life I have always had the desire and dedication to protect and serve. Beginning with my friends referring to me as “dad” because I am the go-to person in times of difficulty and need. While in college I served as the Risk Manager of Sigma Alpha Epsilon at Washington State University. The job required me to ensure the safety and protection of every person within the house at all times. Although these scenarios are on a minute scale compared to the United States Navy, they have taught me how to stay calm and keep others calm in times of chaos as well as how to lead and motivate others to attain an important goal during those times of chaos. An opportunity to join the United States Navy as an officer is my next and ultimate goal because I would be protecting every American on a global scale. My dedication and desire to protect and serve fellow Americans would be an ideal asset for the United States Navy because of my willingness to go the extra mile, do what others are not willing nor capable of doing and desire to learn how to be a better man.

From speaking to others that have served I have learned that a successful member of the military is a dedicated and committed individual. I have also learned that in order to be a successful officer in the United States Navy one must be overly dedicated, committed, proud and passionate about their country no matter what the circumstances. Lastly, in order to be a successful officer in the United States Navy I have learned that one must be proud and thankful of those that have served in the past and be prepared to make any and all sacrifices required to protect the United States of America.

Thanks again everyone. Be harsh with the feedback please and good luck to everyone!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
First off thank you to everyone with the useful gouge provided. Took the ASTB last week and obtained a score of 51/6/7/7. Books that I used to study were the ARCO GMAT and ASTB-E study guide by Accepted. I have been working on my motivational statement and was hoping for some feedback on it as well as general feedback as far as gpa, scores and motivational statement go.

As a college graduate I knew I wanted to protect fellow Americans and the best way for me to do that is to join the United States Navy as an officer. Growing up as an outdoorsman and an athlete I quickly learned how to work as a member of a team as well as how to work by myself when necessary. I greatly value both of these traits because during different times in life both are necessary. These two traits taught me how to be successful while I went to college. Being successful throughout my college years allowed me to work two jobs, maintain good study habits and graduate early with a double major in Criminal Justice, Psychology and obtain a minor in Political Science all simultaneously. The hardships and long hours during these years have prepared me for the challenges and hardships ahead in life.

Growing up in the United States has allowed me numerous freedoms and liberties not available anywhere else in the world. All of these freedoms and liberties have come from an insurmountable cost, the cost of life from countless individuals before me. Those that have made the ultimate sacrifice while serving in the United States have allowed all Americans to live free and safe. I am going to do my part to protect the interests, freedoms and liberties of the United States through my association with the United States Navy.

My grandfather, who served in the Army during the Korean War, taught me that there is no greater sense of accomplishment and pride than serving in the United States military. Given the opportunity to become an officer in the United States Navy will give me the ultimate sense of accomplishment and pride for my country. That accomplishment and pride will immediately coincide with dedication, commitment and nationalism.

Throughout my life I have always had the desire and dedication to protect and serve. Beginning with my friends referring to me as “dad” because I am the go-to person in times of difficulty and need. While in college I served as the Risk Manager of Sigma Alpha Epsilon at Washington State University. The job required me to ensure the safety and protection of every person within the house at all times. Although these scenarios are on a minute scale compared to the United States Navy, they have taught me how to stay calm and keep others calm in times of chaos as well as how to lead and motivate others to attain an important goal during those times of chaos. An opportunity to join the United States Navy as an officer is my next and ultimate goal because I would be protecting every American on a global scale. My dedication and desire to protect and serve fellow Americans would be an ideal asset for the United States Navy because of my willingness to go the extra mile, do what others are not willing nor capable of doing and desire to learn how to be a better man.

From speaking to others that have served I have learned that a successful member of the military is a dedicated and committed individual. I have also learned that in order to be a successful officer in the United States Navy one must be overly dedicated, committed, proud and passionate about their country no matter what the circumstances. Lastly, in order to be a successful officer in the United States Navy I have learned that one must be proud and thankful of those that have served in the past and be prepared to make any and all sacrifices required to protect the United States of America.

Thanks again everyone. Be harsh with the feedback please and good luck to everyone!

Swo can't be your third choice, only first or second.

sharkbait1

pilot

Swo can't be your third choice, only first or second.
SNA/SNFO for me. Want them :cool:
The only comment I have on your statement is, why specifically the Navy? Also, check out the personal statement/motivational statement mega thread

sharkbait1

pilot
Tough man. And I've also missed every board since October last year....My recruiter and I agreed on a weekly checkin, just like every Monday or so to see where things were stood. Took things off of my mind a bit, and I think made him happy that we had something resembling a schedule instead of random "where is my kit at" questions

For anyone active duty when you send an application by email what happens as far as confirmation for it being received or this ORDPRO'd thing?

Splonk

I feel like I have been, trying to keep in touch with my OR without annoying the hell out of him.
I'm in the same boat. It took weeks for them to get back to me just to say I needed to provide some medical documents. Now the wait has started again. It's quite annoying, but I'm learning this "hurry up and wait" thing.

Last edited:

Jester24

I would try to cut it down a bit to a more easily ingestible size. The best way to do that is to reduce the "hopes and dreams" parts and tell them why they should pick you in a more specific examples. From my understanding, the patriotism card is a bit overused. Not saying you shouldn't sprinkle it in there, but making that your selling point might be a quick way to blend in and that's not what you want at the boards.You were an athlete, elaborate on that. What did your team do specifically and how did you lead/contribute to it? Same thing for any of your other accomplishments. What did you bring to the table while doing whatever it was you were doing? As risk manager what did you do specifically that ensure the safety and protection of others?

I would also go through and either rephrase or omit repetative words and statements. For example the Last paragraph the word 'successful' is used a lot, and the entire idea of the paragraph could be whittled down to one... Maybe two sentences. Try to combine multiple sentences into one, well written, concise statement. You've got plenty to work with, just try to cut it down to the facts and examples. Cutting it down is the hard part ;-)

Hope this helps!! Best of luck!