• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

Lucy

Hey to all Intel applicants,
Just had OR read me the email from the Intel community manager. They are at 85% for fy 2011, with appox. 20 final selects issued and 50 prorecs still being processed. That means only 10 or so more spots between the June and July boards. After July there will not be another Intel board until late fall. Not a huge deal for non selects as the September boards would be the earliest for a resubmit from July boards anyhow. Does impact those who arn't in for July and the non selects from May.
Best of luck to everyone!
Lucy

aukonak

Spoke with my recruiter today, she confirmed that there appears to be some truth to the cancellation rumors. She said she knows for a fact that the NFO boards have been canceled and it appears that Pilot boards may be put on hold as well. I did not get the same doom and gloom "next calendar year" response though. I got the impression that September appears to be the target month for boards to resume. She was going to get concrete word and get back with me. So more to follow. Standing by to stand by.............

Rhino, are you going through Richmond?

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
..and now we're hearing SWO is gone for July as well. I'm trying my best to confirm from multiple sources. If this is true, it sucks. Big time.

I'm not getting any younger!

EDIT: My OR says he's got nothing on this, and he's checked. Until he has something hard in black and white, we're submitting as if there is a SWO board in July.

As soon as I have news from my other sources, I'll post.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
..and now we're hearing SWO is gone for July as well. I'm trying my best to confirm from multiple sources. If this is true, it sucks. Big time.

I'm not getting any younger!

EDIT: My OR says he's got nothing on this, and he's checked. Until he has something hard in black and white, we're submitting as if there is a SWO board in July.

As soon as I have news from my other sources, I'll post.

The fleet processor confirmed this earlier today on usnavyocs.com. Along with NA being pushed to Sept. NFO is done for the year as well as AMDO after the June boards. I think there were a couple others with info relevant as well. He said SWO-IP and SWO (something else) was supposed to be meeting in July then shut down. I take it as speculation until the board does or doesn't happen, however, it is pretty hard to deny the guy when he has been giving accurate information in the past.

Seafort

SWO/IW, and yes, I know. I am aware that's what I was mentioning it from. That being said, I prefer to get at least three separate sources before I declare something accurate. As I said, at this point, my OR has heard exactly nada, and we're pressing on.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I'm with you, Seafort. I have heard nothing to confirm from my folks that putting my application in now is for naught. BUT...we shall see manana.

Till then, sally forth!

A

AlexSmart

Spoke with my OR today, he stated the first boards for FY2012 will be in September and he is under the impression that Pilot/NFO/SWO boards will all restart in September. Thought I would throw that into the mix of conflicting information...

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
That being said, I prefer to get at least three separate sources before I declare something accurate. As I said, at this point, my OR has heard exactly nada, and we're pressing on.

Typically I would concur, however, you are talking about the fleet processor. This isn't someone typing something that his OR stated (No offense to anyone). The fleet processor is more informed than OR's because he has to review everything the OR's do and approve it before it goes through to the boards.

On a positive note they may decide to hold boards at a limited or monthly basis. This is all happening beyond our control so I will keep sitting and waiting for word with a positive attitude and hope. Good Luck to all.

Seafort

I don't doubt the processor. Honestly, I think he's right. I just wish he wasn't.

That being said, my OR told me keep on keeping on, and so I said "Aye, aye, sir."

Lucy

Hey all
Just an fyi, my processors normally don't need applications until the 24th, but I got the update that deadline has been moved forward, for me at least, to the 16th. Seems to indicate a rush to get things ASAP. Just an update!

Lucy

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
Spoke with my OR today, he stated the first boards for FY2012 will be in September and he is under the impression that Pilot/NFO/SWO boards will all restart in September. Thought I would throw that into the mix of conflicting information...

Ok, I'm a little confused.. Doesn't fiscal year 2011 start this October on the 1st? Are you saying that there will be no boards until FY2012, October 1st, next calendar year?

Seafort

FY11 begins Oct 1st. That being said, FY11 is looking pretty grim across the board. So it's quite possible what he means is that you may go to the board during FY11 but not be given class up dates in FY11, but rather in FY12. The latter (OCS class up dates) is what matters, not what FY you go before the boards.

Some correct me if I am wrong about any of the above.

Lucy

From what I understand it is when you graduate OCS, not when you class up. However only a slight difference. Sadly, that might mean getting selected in October(2010) and not going to OCS until after July 1st (with a OCS grad date after OCT1) of 2011. It would suck to have a 10 month dely. :-/ From what I have read that is the case for NFO but I am unsure if so for SNA/SWO.

Good Luck everyone!