• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

july 9th 2005 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
i'm shooting for around a ten point increase in my PFT between now and our shipping date. think that's unrealistic?

T-man

michaels601 said:
i'm shooting for around a ten point increase in my PFT between now and our shipping date. think that's unrealistic?

not at all, wouldn't think it's that hard to squeeze out 1 more pullup + 5 more crunches.

Matt S

None
I'm going back for seniors on the 9th (air contract). Shipping out of Phoenix and for some reason I'm almost looking forward to getting back there. I don't know if it's the 9th that I'm excited about or more probable the 19th. (Grad day). I guess its the thought that in three months i'll be a lot closer to being a Marine then I am now.

For all those going to juniors, don't be too worried about it. I say this because last year before I went I was worried about every little thing and trying to remember every little bit of gouge I heard on this forum. OCS doesn't expect everybody to get on airwarriors to know how to pack their sea bags or mark their gear. Just PT hard without over-training and enjoy the remaining weeks you have at home. I need to be telling myself this too. Enjoy the little things like sleeping in and sitting down because at OCS you won't be doing much of either. When your done you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment and you'll have accomplished something worth while. Keep your heads up and stay mentally tough. Remember nothing good ever comes easy and attitude is everything.
I'll shut up now because I'm sure most have read up on what to expect. Just thought I add my $.02

CTE83

yeah, good luck on your pre-ships. Just did mine this morning. First time I scored 300 :D ..right on the dot, 18 minutes flat. Pretty motivating stuff before shipping out for seniors. Don't stress your pre-ship too much though, my pre-ship for juniors was butt-crack nasty...I think what counts more is your initial PFT once you arrive at OCS.

Good luck everyone, i'll probably see a few of you July 10th :icon_smil

Steifel

Quick approaching...I was Kilo 3rd last year...looking to get this thing over with. Little concerned with my knee though. I tore my patellar tendon the last few weeks and toughed it out. But I needed surgery and had half my tendon removed. I was only able to begin training three months ago. My time is a shabby 22:30 with 16 pullups, and 100 sits...puts me around a 250...i got some time to work on my run though. Since I'm healing every day my times are increasing fairly steadily...who else is going Seniors...anyone else in my platoon from last year..."Benes, Ryan"

CTE83

i'll be there at Seniors. I did Jr's back in 2003. 1st Plt India Co. 2nd Inc.

You could make it through Seniors with that PFT, but obviously the whole experience would probably be a little better if it were higher. Personally, I think being in good shape makes OCS more enjoyable (and without a doubt more bearable... :D )

EDIT: Did you take your pre-ship PFT yet Steifel?

VAmookie

whats up benes, yeah i was in your fire team when we did combat course, glad to see there are some people going back... doesnt seem like many though

Steifel

CORPSviation...whats your name...I forget who I did combat course with...//seems I was fire team leader a lot...lol..better than company xo...that was fun...at least i missed out on plt. sgt.//and to CTE83 that last score was my pre ship...did it 6-8-05 with exactly 16 pulls, 22:38 run, 100 sits....i can run 8 min miles for 50 min's plus in shoes...but im about 10 minutes in boots...the tendon starts to kick in...hopefully it will heal in time...

cadetdevildog

hello to all. it has been a caouple of months since i have been on this thing, but i noticed that a 2nd incriment post had been created so i figured i would say hi and see you all out there in a few weeks. and as for teh pt'ing goes, just 3 weeks left guys, so better start doing someting so you are that far out of the herd when running everyday.

hello all. haven't been around airwarriors for a while, but thought i'd better touch base before i head out to OCS 2nd Inc., Golf Co. (go NROTC!) out of Wisconsin. never been to OCS, but heard all the stories, and i've heard recent stories from the guys at 1st already. nervous as hell, but ready to kick some @ss. my PT score could be better, but tendonitis doesn't help.

by the by, does anyone know what score places a candidate on remedial? is it 225 and below, or did they up it to 260? i'm trying to get my score around 270...

Status
Not open for further replies.