• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JOs vs Aquaflage (standing duty in NWU)

KBayDog

...brilliant at the basics....leadership failures...training on their weapons system...war fighters...

paypal_bingo.jpg

KBayDog
2011 AW Buzzword Bingo Champion

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I knew somebody would call me on that. Especially the bit about brilliance at the basics. So what, Im first to admit that Im institutionalized. The argument stands.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And here is the problem. You would really rather wear that POS NWU get-up than our traditional NAVY working uniform? Here's another problem - not everyone who wears that uniform (NWU) takes much pride in putting it on. They translate "comfortable" with haphazard wear. How many people do you see walking around with poorly fit, poorly maintained NWUs? And no offense here, but women are some of the worst offenders with blouses and pants that are TOO big and covers pulled down like shitty baseball caps.... Rejoin the Navy and put on a set of khakis...

And if you had to wear the abomination that is any other female uniform you would feel the same way. No amount of tailoring makes khakis, etc, look professional and stay comfortable at the same time. The new option for women to wear the untucked khaki shirt is a step in the right direction, but having only ill-fitting uniforms available for 20% of your force is unsat.

Still, there is no excuse for anyone to look like crap in NWUs. It's frickin easy to maintain, and the sizes work for the vast majority of people, women and men alike.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
"usmarinemike ain't no bug. He's just...just institutionalized."

32511087.jpg

"The man’s been in here for 11 years. 11 years. This is all he knows. In here, he’s an important man. He’s an educated man. Outside, he’s nothing..."

Truth be told though, I could probably get a library card most places, except for my college. The library probably has a warrant out for my arrest.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
And if you had to wear the abomination that is any other female uniform you would feel the same way. No amount of tailoring makes khakis, etc, look professional and stay comfortable at the same time. The new option for women to wear the untucked khaki shirt is a step in the right direction, but having only ill-fitting uniforms available for 20% of your force is unsat.

Still, there is no excuse for anyone to look like crap in NWUs. It's frickin easy to maintain, and the sizes work for the vast majority of people, women and men alike.

I saw the untucked khaki shirt for the first time here at VP-30. Still not common place (only seen one NFO wearing it) and I will say it looks 200% better than the tucked in version.

I think its a shame that a large part of our force doesn't like their more formal uniforms. And why blame them? I don't like them either. Basically from Khakis on up, a lot of the female uniforms look terrible. And they make the service member look terrible. They are cut all wrong, the highlight all the wrong parts of the female body, they just look nasty. The Marines have done a great job of making female uniforms fit female bodies the right way. Female Marines look professional in their uniforms, such is not the case in the Navy much of the time.

Its a shame because it undermines female Sailors pride in actually wearing those uniforms. Why would you want to wear something that was both uncomfortable and looked terrible?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I saw the untucked khaki shirt for the first time here at VP-30. Still not common place (only seen one NFO wearing it) and I will say it looks 200% better than the tucked in version.

I walked around for about 2 hours last week asking all the women with untucked shirts when the baby was due. It's definitely gonna take some acclamation to not associate it with the pregger uniforms.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
And here is the problem. You would really rather wear that POS NWU get-up than our traditional NAVY working uniform? Here's another problem - not everyone who wears that uniform (NWU) takes much pride in putting it on. They translate "comfortable" with haphazard wear. How many people do you see walking around with poorly fit, poorly maintained NWUs? And no offense here, but women are some of the worst offenders with blouses and pants that are TOO big and covers pulled down like shitty baseball caps.... Rejoin the Navy and put on a set of khakis...

So a good dose of camel toe will make us more professional?

Pass.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

I think its a shame that a large part of our force doesn't like their more formal uniforms. And why blame them? I don't like them either. Basically from Khakis on up, a lot of the female uniforms look terrible. And they make the service member look terrible. They are cut all wrong, the highlight all the wrong parts of the female body, they just look nasty. The Marines have done a great job of making female uniforms fit female bodies the right way. Female Marines look professional in their uniforms, such is not the case in the Navy much of the time.

Its a shame because it undermines female Sailors pride in actually wearing those uniforms. Why would you want to wear something that was both uncomfortable and looked terrible?

Are you entirely sure it's ALL the uniform's fault. I mean, the uniforms need work, sure, but can't you attribute PART of the problem to the fact that many of the women in our Navy are built like line-backers? Maybe that's why the Marines look better? Because on a one-to-one comparison, they are in better shape?