• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JOs vs Aquaflage (standing duty in NWU)

MasterBates

Well, we treat it like a uniform. It has regs. It is allowed outside spaces.

And in October, we'll all look the same like the USAF. (teh gey)

MasterBates

Navy, come 1 October, all black T-shirts, No shit-hots, "Standardized" patches. (No more JOPA/SOPA/Gag/Sports).

But we are getting to wear it off base in exchange.

Oh wait. New, more restrictive rules for wear. No relaxation of where/when it can be worn. I really, REALLY tried to find the upside to this change, and I cannot.

KBayDog

Welcome to the club.

We're already there - green T's, CMC-approved patches only, no "fun" name patches, etc.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Navy, come 1 October, all black T-shirts, No shit-hots, "Standardized" patches. (No more JOPA/SOPA/Gag/Sports).

But we are getting to wear it off base in exchange.

Oh wait. New, more restrictive rules for wear. No relaxation of where/when it can be worn. I really, REALLY tried to find the upside to this change, and I cannot.

If there are Naval Aviators who have a hair on their ass, or a JOPA worth its salt, this rule will wither on the vine and die from total disregard. The way the instruction is written is perfect for sea lawyering the shit out of the patch rule, too.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, yeah. The instruction doesn't say no fun patches; it says the 'graduate-level' course patch (i.e., weapon schools) must be worn on the right. That's it. It was an oddly specific rule.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Actually, yeah. The instruction doesn't say no fun patches; it says the 'graduate-level' course patch (i.e., weapon schools) must be worn on the right. That's it. It was an oddly specific rule.

I'll get the Lvl V Wiskey Drinking patch ordered up right away.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Praying, I don't disagree with what you're saying, but...

Its kinda like when the coverals started requiring military creases at some commands.

Um, what? Never heard that one. That is ridiculous.

I think technically the bag is organisational clothing. Not really a uniform. Correct me if I am wrong though.

So was the DCU, which was worn regularly at the front gate...where people are welcomed aboard a large command by a duty-like person.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
(3) THE GRADUATE LEVEL AIRCREW TRAINING PATCH SHALL BE WORN ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER ONLY.

The way I sea lawyer this one is that graduate level patches can be worn on the right shoulder only, as opposed to the left shoulder in place of a US flag. If they throw the "only" at the beginning of that sentence it would say that you can only wear graduate level patches. But because they didn't, I'll continue wearing whatever patch I want. As stated above, JOPA, hell Naval Aviation, should casually ignore this one and let with wither and die.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
(3) THE GRADUATE LEVEL AIRCREW TRAINING PATCH SHALL BE WORN ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER ONLY.

The way I sea lawyer this one is that graduate level patches can be worn on the right shoulder only, as opposed to the left shoulder in place of a US flag. If they throw the "only" at the beginning of that sentence it would say that you can only wear graduate level patches. But because they didn't, I'll continue wearing whatever patch I want. As stated above, JOPA, hell Naval Aviation, should casually ignore this one and let with wither and die.

It's not sea lawyering if you're following the reg as written.

I guess the rule was targeted at the fighter guys, who like to wear a T/M/S patch on one sleeve and their Level V patch on the other, with the intent that everyone would wear a flag on the left. But as written, this reg says only if you're going to wear a Level V patch, it has to be on the right. Again...weirdly specific rule.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Maybe I should rephrase. It's not sea lawyering, it's English comprehension, which many in the P-3 world round about the time I was leaving the fleet for VTs, lacked. I actually got into this debate with our CMC right before I left when he was standing around saying that we (aircrew, which he was not) wouldn't be able to have any more "fun" patches. I asked him if he had read the reg. He had, but lacked the basic English skills and frame of reference to know what was meant by that single sentence. When I explained it to him he basically said, "Well, we'll see about that" with a tone of voice that said, "I don't like being corrected by JOs" and/or "I'll make the uniform regs whatever I want and you can't stop me."