• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Joint Venezuela-Russian naval exercises

Bevo16

pilot
I guess, curiously, the drill was supposed to last three days but parties called it off after just one.

Insights?

They suck.

The trip was not really about the drills anyway. It was about sight seeing and showing the flag.

It's comical really. They tried to rattle their sabre, but the damn thing is rusted into the scabbard.

LoneSailor

I found this to be funny:

"U.S. officials have mocked the Russian show of force, saying that the Russian navy is a shadow of Moscow's Soviet-era fleet and suggesting that the U.S. retains far more influence in the region than Russia.

"Are they accompanied by tugboats this time?" U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack joked to reporters in Washington last week ahead of the Russian ships' arrival off Venezuela. {Brietbart.com)"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A buddy of mine may be going opposite direction with one of the ships "soon." I may try and ask him to grab a picture.