• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Joint Venezuela-Russian naval exercises

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
time to send a few more warships to georgia, maybe. the sovs..er..russians, never were our allies, and as they see opportunities to poke us in the eye after 15+ years of humiliation, they're going to take them. Their new found wealth (and power) because of oil only makes me wonder why we haven't realized how much we pander to countries that loathe us solely for black gold.

when we develop a viable alternative energy source, it will be like cutting their legs off at the knees and kicking them in the balls at the same time.

For now, "if thats the way he wants it....well, he gets it"

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I'll stick to my bet that one or more of the Russian vessels suffers a disabling casualty.

Bevo16

pilot
when we develop a viable alternative energy source, it will be like cutting their legs off at the knees and kicking them in the balls at the same time.

For now, "if thats the way he wants it....well, he gets it"

Because drilling our own would just make to much damn sense.

Face-Palm

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Yeah, why get blow from the foreign dealer when you can go with your neighborhood one? :)

Bevo16

pilot
Well, if you are a democrat in congress this makes perfect sense:

88% of the offshore oil is within 50nm of the coast. Where do you think they are about to authorize offshore drilling? You guessed it!!! OUTSIDE of 50nm!!! I mean, it's not like we are having a currency crisis in this country and exporting billions of dollars to our enemies every day. Let's prevent American companies from producing American resources and keep exporting our wealth. That's the ticket.

No, I have a better idea. Let's build a bunch of windmills. Better yet, let's turn 30% of our corn crop into fuel for our cars instead of eating it...or actually having an EXPORT and feeding the world.

If something is dripping onto your feet....that's sarcasm. I put it on a little thick.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Because drilling our own would just make to much damn sense.

Face-Palm

I'm not saying don't drill here. Far from it. I've gotten out a shovel and dug up my backyard to do my part. no joy, though. Oil will eventually run out; the question is when, and the sooner we either a. pump ours out of the ground and stop sending our money elsewhere or b. develop something sweet that makes it obsolete or c. use option a to hold us over until option b (Paris Hilton's plan I think?) the stronger and less reliant on nations who hate us we will be.

fusu

bevo,

Domestic production will never satisfy American demand in and of itself. Offshore drilling is at best a small piece of a lager answer(s) to the energy crisis. At worst it is junk economics that distracts us from making serious and difficult changes to our economy and way of life.

I think sqourch2 is right: crack is crack and no matter where you get it, its bad for your health.

This type of naval exercise should only encourage us to shift away from oil, be it foreign or domestic.

Bevo16

pilot
bevo,

Domestic production will never satisfy American demand in and of itself.

Offshore drilling is at best a small piece of a lager answer(s) to the energy crisis. At worst it is junk economics that distracts us from making serious and difficult changes to our economy and way of life.

That first statement may or may not be true. I would like to see us try. I'll be that we can get pretty damn close. We can damn sure produce enough to eliminate the need to import from Hugo Chavez. Every Citgo you drive past is paying for Uncle Hugo's MiG's.

Supply and demand are not junk economics.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
bevo,

Domestic production will never satisfy American demand in and of itself. Offshore drilling is at best a small piece of a lager answer(s) to the energy crisis. At worst it is junk economics that distracts us from making serious and difficult changes to our economy and way of life.

I think sqourch2 is right: crack is crack and no matter where you get it, its bad for your health.

This type of naval exercise should only encourage us to shift away from oil, be it foreign or domestic.
:confused:
WTF??

Bevo,
you are cleared hot.

Bevo16

pilot
I don't even know what to say to that.

We need to make trillion dollar changes to our economic system, lower our standard of living, and all start riding bikes because Venezuela had a naval exercise?

The Japs had a little "naval exercise" in in 1941 that was much more kinetic in nature. I guess that our nation has totally lost their balls since then.

The stupidity of our energy policy is only overshadowed by the rampant ignorance of American citizens regarding our ability to produce our own energy.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
So is the flagship of the Venezuelan Navy going to do coord-ops with the Russian CGN??

simon%20bolivar....%206-07-78-06.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I don't even know what to say to that.

We need to make trillion dollar changes to our economic system, lower our standard of living, and all start riding bikes because Venezuela had a naval exercise?

The Japs had a little "naval exercise" in in 1941 that was much more kinetic in nature. I guess that our nation has totally lost their balls since then.

The stupidity of our energy policy is only overshadowed by the rampant ignorance of American citizens regarding our ability to produce our own energy.

What do you expect when our "leaders" make comments like this??

fusu

mumbles, bevo

My point was merely that the US dependence on oil gives this kind of naval exercise a disproportionate relevance. Hope that clears the "WTFs" up.

I was hoping this thread would focus more on Russia's role in the world, but, as we have to descended in the gutter of domestic politics, I guess I'll get a little dirty too. :D

I stick by my position that it is crucial to move away from oil and coal. Yes it will cost a lot, but advocating increased drilling today is kind of like (to use a metaphor from Thomas Friedman) pushing for more type-writers when the first PCs came out. Clean energy production is going to be a key--if not the key--industry in the 21st century and I think its important for the US to be a leader in the field.

That's just my two cents.