• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Job at Quantico prior to TBS?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
TBS is alot more physical than it was in the past.

The physical level at TBS is always dependant on your staff, some just push for more than others and all the company wide events typically are close to previous companies. It is always a confidence builder to try to say that "we" had it harder, but it doesn't make it true...

You'll definitely miss On deck Time often

It's not worth the risk to go to DC during the week. I know from personal experience.

If you are missing on deck time then you are screwed up, simple as that. I had a 35+ min drive EVERY day while at TBS and never was late for On Deck time...If you are late for on deck once then you will get chewed out, more than once and the punishment will get stronger very fast...we had two guys miss On Deck in my platoon (schedule changes that they never got the word for) and our SPC said that he would start recommending people being dropped from the company / TBS...it is a big deal.

alwysfaith

AV-8B Harrier Pilot's Wife
To sum it up he should call different units he's interested in working for and ask them if they have anything for him to do?

I'm curious because this could be my bf also.

Carno

Insane
That's the impression I got.

I'm going to start with my OSO and see if they can help me, and after that I'm just going to cold call as many units as I can until I get a job.

SuperStallionIP

Large Steel
pilot
I was commissioned in Dec '95 and went to TBS in April '96. I don't recommend doing anything related to being a know-nothing brand-new 2ndLt. No offense to you, but you are useless to any Marine Corps entity with only entry-level training under your belt. Go bartend or something where you don't have to think. You will have all the time in the world to wear a uniform. Don't start any earlier than you have to. I love wearing the uniform obviously, but there is no rush.

SuperStallionIP

Large Steel
pilot
I was commissioned in Dec '95 and went to TBS in April '96. I don't recommend doing anything related to being a know-nothing brand-new 2ndLt. No offense to you, but you are useless to any Marine Corps entity with only entry-level training under your belt. Go bartend or something where you don't have to think. You will have all the time in the world to wear a uniform. Don't start any earlier than you have to. I love wearing the uniform obviously, but there is no rush.

To clarify, just have a good time and don't think about anything related to the Marine Corps or TBS until TBS. You will get more than your fill of it in the 6 months you'll be there. Simple as that.

Carno

Insane
I appreciate the advice, but I'd rather get a job as soon as I can.

Staying in Florida precludes having a good time, because my girlfriend lives in DC and most of my friends are graduated and gone. Plus I'll be broke all the time from bills and rent, like I am now. I could work part time of course, but I'd rather be making 2ndLt pay than $6.00/hour at Wal Mart.

SuperStallionIP

Large Steel
pilot
I appreciate the advice, but I'd rather get a job as soon as I can.

Staying in Florida precludes having a good time, because my girlfriend lives in DC and most of my friends are graduated and gone. Plus I'll be broke all the time from bills and rent, like I am now. I could work part time of course, but I'd rather be making 2ndLt pay than $6.00/hour at Wal Mart.

It's your life. Do what's best for you then.