• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets/C130s

KellyDan

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I promise this is not a % chance question. I have looked up the mission requirements for both the fighter and hercules platform for the USMC, and like both, although they are very different. I have tried to search the forums and google, but haven't been able to find an answer.

Which platform is able to travel more? I have talked to the pilots at VT31 and they have all said they have gone to numerous countries. I haven't been able to find a jet pilot to pick their brain on. Is it true the Herc goes to more places?

Which platform is healthier? I have heard that jet pilots fly study a ton and fly once a week (sometimes none at all?) whereas Herc pilots get the most hours, second to Ospreys. However, I have also been told that all communities in the USMC fly roughly once a week.

Any other insight for these two platforms would be greatly appreciated. I just some more info for my dream sheet.

Thank you everyone,
Danielle

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
If you are looking to fly fast and drop bombs go with the jets. the jets and the bombs are not going to get very far without the Herk.