• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet Rides, Machine Gun Shooting from Helo...Great Midn Summer Cruise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When in SanDog...go to "The Pennant" and find a suitable replacement...

Cheers,
G

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
my vote is for PB bar and grill! not only a great bar, but a great place to meet people.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
jai5w4 said:
That's the Ex I'm having difficulty getting over...thanks! She is everything I ever wanted but wasn't down with the "Navy lifestyle" of me being away all the time. We just broke up...it's been rough...trying not to think about her as I sit here drunk off another night in Ocean Beach/Mission Beach. Thanks!

J :icon_smil

Jai: I know nothing about your personal life nor is it my business .... but thank your lucky stars this all came out NOW instead of 29 years down the road like mine did. If she was not "down" with Navy life now ... it would have not improved with age. It would have only gotten more expensive. And a good education is very expensive..... be grateful yours came early. Sorry if I sound caustic --- it's just experience and realism talking -- not empathy.

Courage, little brother ..... just my $20 worth ..... and my last Dear Abby advice .... :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
jai5w4 said:
That's the Ex I'm having difficulty getting over...thanks! She is everything I ever wanted but wasn't down with the "Navy lifestyle" of me being away all the time. We just broke up...it's been rough...trying not to think about her as I sit here drunk off another night in Ocean Beach/Mission Beach. Thanks!

Not exactly the type of details I was looking for..... :D

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
jai5w4 said:

I totally feel ya bro. I lost my last girlfriend to the same bullsh!t. But hey...being single aint so bad. And if youre still in San Diego (my hometown), a stud like yourself shouldnt have a problemo mtg females. Especially downtown sd (E Street, the Rox) on Fri and Sat nights. :D

Fezz CB said:
I totally feel ya bro. I lost my last girlfriend to the same bullsh!t. But hey...being single aint so bad. And if youre still in San Diego (my hometown), a stud like yourself shouldnt have a problemo mtg females. Especially downtown sd (E Street, the Rox) on Fri and Sat nights. :D

Thanks for the words of encouragement. ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good to hear you had a POSITIVE experience. Not all 1st Class Aviation cruises are that way. Thanks for posting the Pics....you've got some nice shots there...You may think of submitting them to Naval Aviation News or Navy News with a Story (if you want). I got published in the Summer of 99 All Hands Mag....way cool. Good luck with your last year and service selection!
ea6bflyr

ea6bflyr said:
Good to hear you had a POSITIVE experience. Not all 1st Class Aviation cruises are that way. Thanks for posting the Pics....you've got some nice shots there...You may think of submitting them to Naval Aviation News or Navy News with a Story (if you want). I got published in the Summer of 99 All Hands Mag....way cool. Good luck with your last year and service selection!
ea6bflyr

Word. I was already contacted by a photographer from navy.mil who said he wants some of them for the website. I indeed will submit them to both of the ones you mentioned...that's a pretty good idea actually. Thanks for the well wishes too!

jai5w4 :icon_smil

USN99

USN99
None
Mind providing an update?

ea6bflyr said:
Good to hear you had a POSITIVE experience. Not all 1st Class Aviation cruises are that way.
ea6bflyr
How long are 1/C cruises these days? :confused:
If I hear, "Four weeks." Then I'll be ticked off big time. :icon_rage
Please let the answer be 6 weeks.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
2 weeks... I keed I keed....

Oh, and DON'T be "THAT" MIDN, I have read enough about antics so far this summer. In many cases you are going to deployed units, represent well, and don't be a jackass and burden to the unit with childish behaviour that results in msg traffic. Any misbehaviour can and will follow you back home to your ROTC unit. My two cents.

USN99

USN99
None
Warning - sea story follows

webmaster said:
Oh, and DON'T be "THAT" MIDN, I have read enough about antics so far this summer. In many cases you are going to deployed units, represent well, and don't be a jackass and burden to the unit with childish behaviour that results in msg traffic. Any misbehaviour can and will follow you back home to your ROTC unit. My two cents.

All the WestPacTraMids collected at the late great Subic Bay Naval Base. My friend and I rode in from the Gulf (of Tonkin) in a WWII era oiler (complete with roaches) commanded by a Naval Aviator. That last night aboard, at anchor in Subic, before going to Cubi Point to fly out to Clark AFB to catch the "freedom bird" back to "the world" next day (those were the days when the U.S. Navy was a mighty Pacific Power) the skipper invites a few of the wardroom JO's and we Mids to ride into Subic City to drink some San Miguel's both there and on the way. :( Actually not liking beer (sad confession) and wondering if I would miss the freedom bird, I declined and spent a thoroughly boring night on the ship while my friend went steamin'. :confused: Next morning, I pass the skipper on the pier. He's just returning - walkin' sober as a judge. My friend was no where. Finally, I met him at the pax term in Cubi. He's looking beat, generally wasted, and somewhat wrinkled. He says that he got dropped off in Olongapo early that morning; he wandered into Subic; proceeded to get lost and could not find the pier. So, dazed and confused, he simply laid down between a couple of buildings to sleep it off and wait for the sun to rise. Sun rose, he's about a block from the pier. He rushes back onboard, dresses and makes it to Cubi just in time. He could have been "THAT MID" but he was lucky.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
USN99 said:
....wondering if I would miss the freedom bird, I declined and spent a thoroughly boring night on the ship while my friend went steamin'.... So, dazed and confused, he simply laid down between a couple of buildings to sleep it off and wait for the sun to rise. Sun rose, he's about a block from the pier. He rushes back onboard, dresses and makes it to Cubi just in time. He could have been "THAT MID" but he was lucky.
The difference between the old Navy and the new.

Old Navy = Went steamin', had a great adventure and had what used to be considered a normal night of liberty

New Navy = played it safe, spent the night onboard. Belittles the other as someone that could have been "THAT MID"

I'm glad I retired before this PC play it safe mentality took hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.