• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet Fuel In The Water

exNavyOffRec

How many fuel pipes did you have running through potable water tanks? I know it used to be a problem on small boys and fuel would leach out of the fuel pipes into the fresh water system.

Also, any time we had tank work done, the fresh water would have a weird chemical taste to it. The sealant used on the tanks would flavor the water after being freshly applied.

The tanks that I saw drawings on or I had to look in during yard work there were no JP5 or another other pipes going through our FW tanks, but bigger ship and more room.

The taste was probably the HTH, it would leave white spots on the bottom of our pants from any that splashed on them, we had to use face shield and heavy rubber gloves with it.

311junglist

ex ordie
Well, in 1985 I was aboard the Big E when we hit Bishop's Rock in SOCAL near Cortes Bank during REFTRA/ORE (now called COMPTUEX). We had a 60 foot gash running down the starboard side of the ship and enjoyed JP-5 bug juice and JP-5 showers for the remaining month underway. Maybe the Big E never cleaned out the fresh water storage areas....?

Story
wow, that i did not know at all.

311junglist

ex ordie
you are right, very unreadable.

I didn't not even know this thread existed, but as someone who was responsible for potable water on the CVN's JP is not put in the tanks, there is no piping that would be able to get JP5 in the tanks, the only way is if there was a JP5 spill that covered filled the bilge and it leaked from the tank covers through the gaskets. If that happened our constant testing would find it and then we have to take the tank offline and do a not fun cleaning procedure.

JP5 does have a bad smell to it, just a bit on your clothes and it will permeate everything.
sorry it was so unreadable for you all. sentences and punctuation was not my main worry when i typed that out as stated before, battling severe seroquel withdrawals cause my dr was on vacation and wont have appointment for few more days and would not send in any refills without having my appointment. 14yrs on 600mg a night makes them worse than others cause its a high dose and been on it so long. i wish i could go without it and sleep like i did on the big e but i cant sleep without it.

311junglist

ex ordie
but the link i provided has some good info in it even if just skin exposure can leach into your body but its out within a few days so no way to test after its out. cancer however wasnt part of the findings. well except in rats who received daily doses for like 2 yrs or some shit like that. but neurological disorders, skin problems, digestive problems, immune response decreases, respiratory problems, and damage to the liver were listed in their findings.

Last edited:

311junglist

ex ordie
Sounds like you need:
  1. To plan your refills better
  2. Get a better Doctor
dr is great, just went on vacation for the first time in 3 yrs. as for planning my refills better, i do not control that and would have had enough to make it to next appt if she didnt go on vacation and she has to approve any refills being sent in. so that was out of my control and she deserved a vacation. i just wish she would have put in a refill before going on vacation which would have avoided this shit which i will surely mention to her on Thursday so can avoid the issue in the future. wish we could have safe medications that dont cause people problems and shit but nope, most shit is toxic as hell.

311junglist

ex ordie
@311junglist Are you still sleep deprived? Just asking because you punctuation and sentence structure still sucks.
very sleep deprived, feel like got severe flu, body pains and more including sharp pains in stomach. been on it 14 yrs so while not addicted to it my body is dependant on it and no matter what else i take for sleep including medical cannabis it doesnt help at all and cant sleep. been up since friday. but just 1 more day to get through till my appointment. its pretty hard to see without it being very blurry. and my mind i can barely even think straight now. id be happy if would just take last breath. thats how bad it is.