• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JANUARY 12, 2002 OCS CLASS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoe

Tests taken to this point have only been a few, History, and D.C., also had our 4th week RLP. We have pistol quals on Monday and Law this week.

brian-75

Tahoe,

Congrats on getting through week four. I am sure that it was hard that first month. I am curious, what in your estimation has been the longest run or hardest physical exercise you had to do? I am getting into shape and I want to make sure I am working the right areas. Also did you go to OCS knowing the big 3 all by heart word for word? Also what is it like? I imagine that despite the work you have every day you come away with a good feeling and a smile knowing you are one week closer to graduation.

Brian-75

SNA Russell

Hey Guys,

I've heard that the 05 JAN class is class 02-05. That would make all you 12 JAN guys class 02-06. Is that correct?

I've also heard that the 05 JAN class is supposed to graduate on 05 April. That would make your graduation date 12 April? Is this correct?

I got the gouge from my recruiter, but I'm not entirely sure he knows what's up.

-Rory

brian-75

I do not know but I imagine you are coorect on our class number. I will find out from my recruiter probably next week once I check in. I am starting the memorization portion of my prep time while getting back into shape although my achilles tendon is preventing me from running or fast walking. Very frustrating...

Brian-75

Michaela

I called the recruiting office today and was told the O5 JAN class number was 02-99, Hmmm....
They're sending out my orders tomorrow so I guess I'll just wait till they arrive and see what they say. Wouldn't be the first time I was misinformed :(
Michaela

OCS in Jan!

Michaela

Well now that would really suck!
I hope he's wrong

I'm assumig the 02 stands for the year... what's the method behind how they decide what numbers come after the dash?

Michaela

OCS in Jan!

Michaela

Ahhh... I see. Well, I guess that would make sense. So if Rory's recruiter was right (02-06) then we're the second OCS class of 2006? I hope his recruiter's wrong too cuz I'm not waiting till then

Michaela

OCS in Jan!

magnum

ROLL CALL!!

I thought I would sound off for Jan 12, 2002 OCS class-are we all still out there? 1 month to go exactly. Keep posting and staying in touch. I thought it would be great if we all can exchange email and start making arrangements to get acquainted before the onslaught begins. who is who-and where everyone is from and etc etc etc....also travel plans to p-cola-and gathering together on saturday night before to socialize. Post your feelings on this guys.

MAGNUM
INDOC CANDIDATE JAN 12,2002
AVIATION
F-18 SUPERHORNETS WANNABE

brian-75

Hey magnum,

Yea, all I have been doing is working out twice a day to get back into shape and lower my weight a little. I have memorized the orders of sentry, code of conduct, chain of command (with some names left out as will know them once we get there) and the Navy rank structure. The marine rank structure and the songs are what I have left. As for getting there I am driving there so I can have my car there as well as see some family in Oklahoma and Texas. Then I will get there on the 10 or 11 depending on how long I can drive per day. What plans do you have? Would it be a good idea if all of us going in this class stay in the same hotel so it would be easy to socialize and do whatever we want? Sounds kinda cool. my email is bri75phx@yahoo.com

Superhornets all the way

Brian-75

magnum

OUTSTANDING!!

It sounds like you are pretty squared away at this point-I also have been working on my memorization-at this point only the "orders of a sentry" are locked in my brain-housing group. I will be flying to P-cola-new vehicle purchase will be in my immediate future after OCS. However, I agree with you on the hotel idea-my recruiter informs me that 2 other aviation selectees will be going down with me from Salt Lake City making that a grand total of three. Yourself, as well as Bpikula and he mentioned another pal will be going down-who else? at that count there is 6 that we will know beforehand. In a class of 60? as per EODDAVE. Anyone else I apologize. I will email you.

MAGNUM

brian-75

Hey Magnum,

I must say the memorization is a lot easier than getting back into shape. The running is the hardest. 6.5-7 mph for 35-40 minutes is hard on a treadmill which I hate, I prefer the track. I need to find out the names of the OCS dept head on up to the Secretary of the Navy so I can get them into memorization. Just repeating them over and over is the key to me. Other than that I just need to finish up the rank structure and the songs and I will be done with memorization.

Brian-75

Tahoe

Just some info for you...as of January 5th the standards here at OCS just got higher. All classes coming in are required to get an 80% on each exam to pass. That's going to weed out a lot of rifraf, or so they tell us. We'll have our 9th week RLP when we get back and then it's pretty much over except for the Candy-O part of OCS. Tomorrow we have our Nav. Exam and our Out PFA and we are outta here for the holiday on Friday morning after muster.

For those of you coming in at the start of the new year just remember to get as much of the big 3 in your brain as possible. Maybe even the ranks if you don't know them already.

Talk to you later.

-Tahoe

Dave Shutter

Very true...they're also re-doing a lot of the curriculum's. As a matter of fact we're the last class to do the old Seamanship syllabus, our instructor re-did it just last week. Have fun with it.

One other thing, if you sign up for a watch bil on a certina YP, try to actually get on that YP and not the other one...(AHEM!)

OC Shutter USNR
OCS Class 11-02

Kraftwerk

quote:
Just some info for you...as of January 5th the standards here at OCS just got higher. All classes coming in are required to get an 80% on each exam to pass. That's going to weed out a lot of rifraf, or so they tell us. We'll have our
-Tahoe

It's always been 80%, but go for 100%, always!

The Foz

Status
Not open for further replies.