• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JANUARY 12, 2002 OCS CLASS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleP

Yeah I'm still floating around here and there. I have been busy with school and getting ready to graduate and on top of that im just around the corner to taking my commercial check ride, aahhhhhh! I have been tring to get a workout in here and there but i can't find someone willing to run with me and my lazy friends laugh at me when i get back all tired from my workout. I guess I'll be laughing when I come back to see them and they are still flying that POS C-172! And there is only 22 days left of school then I graduate and I still need to take one last flight course for one lousy credit. Man time is flying. Well talk to you guys later.

KyleP

brian-75

Hey Magnum,

Well I just signed the official papers so I am now going to OCS and hopefully passing the NOMI eye exam as my left eye is borderline on the standards. OTher than that, i am starting my workout routine now with my trainer to get into the best shape of my life in a month and half..with a little snowbaording fun in between...BTW I live in Phoenix AZ, where are you? What are your plans for getting to Pensacola?

Brian-75

Michaela

Hey all! Just figured I'd check in here as well as the 05 JAN page. Sounds like we got a good group in PCola this Jan. I'm getting restless and feel like I'm just biding my time now that all major hurdles are passed till OCS. However, I'm thankful there's still a few more weeks to go since I could still stand to hit the gym, pool, and pavement a few more times.

KyleP- Did you take your "glorified private" ride yet? You finally legal to let others pay YOU to fly?

Michaela

OCS in Jan!

KyleP

Michaela, yeah i have my single-multi engine land instrument rating, and I'm days away from my commercial license. But shhhh don't tell anyone, I don't want to have everyone hate me at API or primary. The bad thing about having this flight experience is that I have some "bad habits" that the Navy doesn't want me to have so that is the trade off. I'm still looking forward to learning to fly the "Navy way." Just 48 more days!

KyleP

Michaela

Congrats! You going to do your commercial multi? Not that it matters since hopefully none of us will be job hunting anytime soon. I was told that since I have comm/multi/inst and a "few" hours, that I could be put in the accelerated primary program. You heard of it? Twice the info in half the time, but you'll also fly more often, which we all know is a plus when learning to fly. Still not sure how I feel about it though. I don't want any IP's making assuptions about what I already know. Guess I'll just go with the flow. Maybe I should just stop worrying about primary and get through OCS first, huh?

OCS in Jan!

Michaela

Mari,
New gouge is always welcome... especially when I'm wrong. :) Thanks. Sounds like it's not as bad as "someone" made it sound. Think they were trying to scare me a little? Maybe it worked.. a little. So what and where are you flying?

KyleP- I was just wondering if you'd heard of the accelerated program since it sounds like a possibility for you too.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Michaela

OCS in Jan!

KyleP

Michaela- Yes, I have a friend that is going through primary right now. He was telling me that the accelerated program is great and that you can get out of it anytime if it just becomes "too much" for ya. I will give him a call in a week or so to see how he is doing and then I try and report back to you guys on what he said.

"Love to eat turkey."

KyleP

Mahler

Hey Mari, I'm interested in the helo pipeline and would like to hear your exerpiences through it as you go. And don't let KyleP and those other A.S. majors let you think they actually know anything about airplanes.... j/k

-James-
Erinyes Senior Design Team
ERAU AE Department

Tahoe

ahh, new meat to the flames!! I just finished my 4th week down here at sunny OCS and finally am able to write a bit. I have a feeling that I'll be on your indoc staff when you get here. Make sure you're ready to run, jump, and do various other things that you'll have no idea why you're doing for a while. See you soon!

-Tahoe

magnum

TAHOE-

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!! it sounds like you and dave passed your 4th week inspection. OUTSTANDING! WELL, don't hold back, describe for us those beautiful first four weeks????

Tahoe

Yes, I did pass my 4th week RLP, Shutter on the other hand was not as lucky, he has a reinspect on Monday morning, hopefully he'll do better then. Class 11-02 secured with an 81.5, you need an 81...pretty tight, huh? It's nice to have 4 days off, but I have to stand watch tomorrow morning so I have to get my stuff together still tonight. Otherwise everyone here is sick and trying to recover.

magnum

TAHOE--congratulations!! Again with the limited knowledge you have being there only 4 weeks-was there any rollbacks (by the way how many do you have in your class?) what tests have you taken up this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.