• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
has anyone called their OR to see about Feb results?

I think that there are only a handful of us who are suppose to be seen this month (that are on this board), I can't speak for them but I know I haven't yet. I am expecting results should be out by the end of the week to early next week, considering they should have had a smaller group to review.

jtmedli

pilot
I think that there are only a handful of us who are suppose to be seen this month (that are on this board), I can't speak for them but I know I haven't yet. I am expecting results should be out by the end of the week to early next week, considering they should have had a smaller group to review.

I haven't heard anything yet either. Should be a MUCH smaller group than last months 200 or whatever it was. Pretty sure this month was only for rollovers from the December timeframe who didn't get their stuff in for January.

flyman3456

Goshawk
Nyyanks, didn't you submit back in October?

Only about 100 were seen and 27 were selected for NA DA. I know we were expecting something closer to 200 applicants (considering supply saw 3x normal and I think a few guys mentioned seeing other boards at about 3x), and at the previous boards it looked like they selected about 50 per board. I speculate that they rolled over the other 100 at random and saved 25 or so slots. This is my pure speculation. Jtmedli, you might know something I don't. When I spoke to my OR today, he seemed to think that the board only looked at those whose apps were close to the 90 day expiration limit, but it NYyanks submitted in October this wouldn't make sense.
Thats all I'm going to speculate today. My brain hurts.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Nyyanks, didn't you submit back in October?

Only about 100 were seen and 27 were selected for NA DA. I know we were expecting something closer to 200 applicants (considering supply saw 3x normal and I think a few guys mentioned seeing other boards at about 3x), and at the previous boards it looked like they selected about 50 per board. I speculate that they rolled over the other 100 at random and saved 25 or so slots. This is my pure speculation. Jtmedli, you might know something I don't. When I spoke to my OR today, he seemed to think that the board only looked at those whose apps were close to the 90 day expiration limit, but it NYyanks submitted in October this wouldn't make sense.
Thats all I'm going to speculate today. My brain hurts.

Sure did submit back in Oct. My package was received Oct 23rd, but wasn't in time for the NOV boards (so much for the 25th myth). DEC was obviously a no go, and my stuff wasn't looked at in JAN. When I spoke to the fleet processor at the beginning of the month, he said I would be seen in FEB. Here is hoping that I finally get looked at (and get selected... I need a praying emoticon). Though I initially only applied for SNA, since I haven't been seen at all, I was able to modify my app and apply for Supply and SWO as 2nd and 3rd options respectively. Well, now that I am done with my school paper, time to finally go to sleep (0200 over here now) for four hours. YAY!

MattH

FS SNA
Hi everyone,

Not wanting to divert from the current discussion but did want to submit my stats since I found out this morning that my "tentative" OCS date is 28 March 2010.

Pro-rec'd SNA and SNFO in January Board

23/M
3.20 GPA Financial Economics-Major/Spanish-Minor
6/7/8 (don't remember OAR - mid 50's I believe)
6 LOR's (two Navy NFO 0-5's, three employers, one professor)
Fair amount of co-curriculars in college

Big shout out to everyone here, tons of great gouge that helped me throughout the application process.

nugget61

pilot
Hi everyone,

Not wanting to divert from the current discussion but did want to submit my stats since I found out this morning that my "tentative" OCS date is 28 March 2010.

Pro-rec'd SNA and SNFO in January Board

23/M
3.20 GPA Financial Economics-Major/Spanish-Minor
6/7/8 (don't remember OAR - mid 50's I believe)
6 LOR's (two Navy NFO 0-5's, three employers, one professor)
Fair amount of co-curriculars in college

Big shout out to everyone here, tons of great gouge that helped me throughout the application process.

Hey Matt - what was your timeline like for the post-pro rec stuff (prt meps jpas etc)? Was it all finished before the boards or what? All I'm waiting on is jpas for my FS letter and am wondering how long it will take for my date (and I know theres the FS purgatory thread but I'm hopeful I don't have the same troubles some of those folks have had)

markkyle66

Not sure about everyone else, but I did JPAS and PRT before I was Pro Rec'd... which is probably why I was able to recieve my Final Select in short order. Most of this is stuff you can/should do on your own time though. Just hound your OR for a PRT date and ask him for the link/access code to start the JPAS forms online (I remember there being a Username/Pword your OR makes for you to login.)

MattH

FS SNA
nugget - I was a prior USMC applicant but when the news broke of the pipeline freeze I decided to apply Navy too. With that said, I had MEPS completed in June 2009, flight physical at NAMI in September 2009 (don't think it matters for Navy though), PRT on 2/9/10. I'm assuming JPAS is the security clearance (My processor always calls it NASIS)? If so, that was submitted on 12/15/09.

Went through MEPS about a week and a half ago. Everything went smoothly. Thank goodness there was only about 8 guys including myself there so the whole process went by really quickly. Now I'm just waiting on my FS letter which I'm told will come in around 2-4 weeks. Good luck to everyone in the process and everyone in the upcoming boards

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Any of my fellow FEB stragglers hear any word yet? I've been out of the office lately, and haven't been able to get a hold of the processor to find out any relevant updates.

jtmedli

pilot
Any of my fellow FEB stragglers hear any word yet? I've been out of the office lately, and haven't been able to get a hold of the processor to find out any relevant updates.

No news yet. Should be any day now though.

flyman3456

Goshawk
Just spoke with my OR. He seems to think that I am in for March and that no Feb board was held. I'm still hopeful at this point.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Just spoke with my OR. He seems to think that I am in for March and that no Feb board was held. I'm still hopeful at this point.

I think with my frustration at this point I will either a) Not be able to type anymore from smashing my head on my laptop or b) be in the hospital with stiches from said smashing. No, seriously, this is frustrating. One never does quite get use to Hurry up and Wait

N9148Q

Contributor
NYYanks Im with ya on that one. Atleast the March board is only like 2 weeks out. Although im preparing for the phone call that says "ya so you are gonna be seen in April or May instead".