• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

Scruff

None
Contributor
I am just curious as someone who hasn't been on this for a while, I am hoping to finish off my LOR's and submit a package for Jan 10.

Does anyone know how many SNA's are given out per board/how many applicants?

How long till results are usually released? eg. before end of Jan?

No one really knows how many slots are available per selection board. All depends on the needs of the Navy.

Usually anytime between the 25th of the board month, and the 5th of the following month

eggyfox

Thanks. I am just wondering what recent numbers have been if they are public knowledge?

I applied to the Air Force board and the numbers were about 1/3 of last years so I wanted to know if the Navy is making similar cuts

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Thanks. I am just wondering what recent numbers have been if they are public knowledge?

I applied to the Air Force board and the numbers were about 1/3 of last years so I wanted to know if the Navy is making similar cuts

The last set of stats were posted by me in the August board thread. Check those out if you want an idea.

nugget61

pilot
Well, here we go again. My OR said I should have made it to this board, so assuming they still have it, I hope to be on that at board list in a few weeks. Me:

23/M
SNA only
Prior select bdcp sna, PRK caused it to timeout
7/7/8 56
3.25 MEng ECE
Everything else is +/- the same as everyone else here.

Good luck all!

nugget61

pilot
With regards to some of the posts about getting into the Jan board, my OR told me thatt the kits had to be in by 25NOV09 (due to no Dec boards) and pretty much everyone at NRC shut down for Dec. Anyone hear otherwise?

jtmedli

pilot
With regards to some of the posts about getting into the Jan board, my OR told me thatt the kits had to be in by 25NOV09 (due to no Dec boards) and pretty much everyone at NRC shut down for Dec. Anyone hear otherwise?

My OR said as long as we get it in by the middle of December we're good for the January boards.

blarged

ready
When my application was in for January 2008 boards I had everything submitted mid December and I was seen by the board. Not selected ... but at least seen.

eggyfox

I called my OR on Friday to let him know I wanted to finish off and submit my package and he said 2nd week of December was my deadline so thats this week.

niketaylor

My OR wants me to give him my package by the 15th. He said that it has to be submitted by the 25th for the Jan boards.

22/F/ non prior

supply only!

Undergad Gpa 3.53 degree business management

grad gpa 4.0 (1 semster completed so far) human resource

OAR 44 (going with the whole person concept)

LOR's : will post when I receive them all

Extracurricular: president of 2 organizations, vice president of 2 organizations, secretary of student government, sports all 4 years of highschool, and 2 years of softball during college

And course just like everyone else...........speeding ticket :)

Gus Gorilla

I'm in for Jan so long as my references don't drag feet. I don't want to have to "motivate" them to make the cutoff.

27/m
SNA/NFO/AMDO
I know "AMDO?" Yes, I like the Aviation community.
Kickass prior E of 4yrs
Fast promotions, evals, EP/EP/EP
Secret clearance from prior.
BST 3.35 from a no-name state-U in KS
ASTB 7/7/6 64
No PRT yet, but I'll kill it.
Good Motivational (I like it and it speaks to my drive)
No Med problems.
No Legal problems.
And unlike everyone else, no speeding ticket. (not that it matters, just poking fun)
Damn. I bet I get one tomorrow, just for opening my mouth.

Good luck to all.

I should be in for Jan. Waiting is definitely the hardest part.
SNA/NFO

22/m
-ASTB: 5,6,6 50
-BS in professional Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle
-Graduated with 3.83 (Magna Cum Laude)
-Deans list on 7 different occasions
-Have received my private pilots license (SEL)
-total of 111 flight hrs, including 35 hours of instrument training
-LOR's(besides the required 3 from employers)- 07 Army General, 05 Navy seal, 05 retired Marine helicopter pilot who is also the dean of academics at Embry-Riddle, and Another 05 retired marine helicopter pilot who is now an attorney

- PRT: 1.5 mi. run- 9:45, 75 PU, 100 SU

Good luck guys

richiep243

I submitted my package back in early October so I should definitely be on the January OCS board. I'm a prior enlisted, currently teaching at Schools Command in Pensacola. Good luck to all, and does anyone actually know the date when the January board will convene?

eggyfox

My recruiter today said that the Jan 2010 boards will not be looking at SNA (Pilots). Can anyone else confirm or deny hearing this from another source?

P3toP8

I've heard this rumor go back and forth, I just spoke to my OR and he mentioned nothing of it.