• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

Zhao

eh.........I will double check your advice with the OCS question answer email next week, see what they say. Yes, you are right on that point, if the GPA transfer is really a problem, I should not give up finish my Master degree in the US, because it feels good to get a A or B here:) And the professors are so much better:). Nice to know you, and thank you for your help, good night.

Zhao

This is my first time to apply the OCS, and Thanks a lot for your time to gave me those informations. You are a good man, Sir. See you later.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
eh.........I will double check your advice with the OCS question answer email next week, see what they say. Yes, you are right on that point, if the GPA transfer is really a problem, I should not give up finish my Master degree in the US, because it feels good to get a A or B here:) And the professors are so much better:). Nice to know you, and thank you for your help, good night.

Did you include your masters credits in the 2.4 GPA? If not and they are higher it could raise it, though I am not sure by how much considering the almost absurd amount of credits you have. If those are equivalent to normal US college semester hours that is almost enough to have earned Bachelor degrees for 3 different people (not just a "triple" major).

Zhao

Yes, everything is on my Offical Eval Reports. They even use the word"impossible high credits" there, according to the US education standard they already cut 25% of my credits for fit to US standard, I still have 250 left( not included the 5 defence language test college credits the Navy gave to me).That is because I took class from 0800 to 1700 everyday, monday to saturday, when I was in college, 5 years totally for earn my two degrees. My college is the first traffic college of China, built by the first Chinese President in 1956, it is a very restrict college, no student can live outside the school......etc

exNavyOffRec

Did you include your masters credits in the 2.4 GPA? If not and they are higher it could raise it, though I am not sure by how much considering the almost absurd amount of credits you have. If those are equivalent to normal US college semester hours that is almost enough to have earned Bachelor degrees for 3 different people (not just a "triple" major).
excellent point.

Zhao

Yes, it is really a excellent idea. I just came in US 3 years, went to work in the company directly, so I am not very familir how the education system works here. On the eval reports when I joined the Navy as a E3 and by the ECE, said I have equal degrees and equal credits in us (after they cut off 25% :(, for me, that mean cut off 25% the money I paid for education). I am not worry about it :), because since the first day I came in US, there are a lot people with knowledge like help me and give me advices just like you guys.

IT2(SW/AW)CWO

Final Select Supply
May would work perfect for me as long as I get a FS in the next month so I can setup a move and checkout of my command and take leave in between. I'll do whatever I have to do though. My medical is getting done at NH Oak Harbor on Wed and I should have labs back and paperwork submitted by Friday. Any idea what the lead time on FS is right now?
Have you received your FS letter yet bro?

MGoBrew11

pilot
MEPS won't see me until May since my PRK isn't 6 months out until late April.

I've been told I will not lose my pro-rec status. Anyone had any experience with this? I thought I was supposed to go to MEPS, get DQd and then send in a waiver request when the time was up.

egd33

pilot
Contributor

I've been told I will not lose my pro-rec status. Anyone had any experience with this? I thought I was supposed to go to MEPS, get DQd and then send in a waiver request when the time was up.

I was in a very similar situation coming out of the August board, though I was waiver eligible more like 5-6 weeks after board results. I was sent to medical about 3 weeks before my 6 months and had no issues. I was DQ'd temporarily until I sent in my PRK 6 month followup and then a waiver was processed within 2-3 weeks from that time (they quickly told my processor what I needed to send it once my initial physical was sent over to N3M). My recruiter sent me before the paperwork deadline NRC had set for pro-recs to have everything in by.

My situation was a little different though since I had my physical at the Branch Clinic in Pcola rather than MEPS due to the location of my recruiter. They were a lot nicer (and quicker!) and more lenient on how things are done than what I hear of MEPS (I was the only civilian while almost everyone else was AD with many getting their annual short form flight physical done). The flight surgeon did not even mark DQ for the PRK under 6 months and marked as PQ, but that changed (temporarily) as soon as N3M received the physical.

J_Cusick

Turns out my packet got hung up in processing. Not sure why, but I missed the Jan. board because of it. It will for sure be sent out for the April 16 boards though.

...more waiting.

exNavyOffRec

As long as your recruiter and processor keep NRC updated as to why more time is needed you should be ok.

Many MEPS docs will not see a person until the 6 months is up, so this is "normal"

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
Have you received your FS letter yet bro?

I got urgent word yesterday that I needed to do some stuff to further process my pro rec and FS. I got it taken care of but the processor won't see it until Monday. I'm hoping that the FS letter comes shortly thereafter but I honestly cannot say when it will come. Has anyone actually received an FS letter?

IT2(SW/AW)CWO

Final Select Supply
I got urgent word yesterday that I needed to do some stuff to further process my pro rec and FS. I got it taken care of but the processor won't see it until Monday. I'm hoping that the FS letter comes shortly thereafter but I honestly cannot say when it will come. Has anyone actually received an FS letter?
I believe non prior Active Duty had received their FS, haven't heard any current Active Duty received theirs yet. I just based this according the people who have posted in this discussion. We're on the same boat waiting for the final verdict.:confused:

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
I am non prior and my recruiter said it would probably be 3-4 weeks. I don't have an age issue, and I had done MEPS and signed my SF86 before January. So take that as a gouge as you will.

Edit: no FS yet.