• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
Spoke with my OR. He said Im probably looking at around DEC or even JAN OCS date (of course nothing is final, I may end up going in June). He also said they seem to be assigning OCS dates by alphebetical order, and because my last name starts with an "R" Ill have to wait for a while. Is this consistant with anyone elses story?

Yes, my last name begins with an A and I was the only one who seemed to get the crazy early May date mentioned as a possibility. That said, Ive about heard it all as far as reasons at this point, haha.

What board were you selected in and what community?

You should put some of that basic info in your signature if you can, its more helpful for everyone to be on the same page and know we are comparing apples to apples :)

Marksalot06

Yes, my last name begins with an A and I was the only one who seemed to get the crazy early May date mentioned as a possibility. That said, Ive about heard it all as far as reasons at this point, haha.

What board were you selected in and what community?

You should put some of that basic info in your signature if you can, its more helpful for everyone to be on the same page and know we are comparing apples to apples :)

I received the same phone call from my OR last Monday and told him I'd like the July 8th date. He told me my FS letter should be on it's way soon, but nothing yet.

exNavyOffRec

Spoke with my OR. He said Im probably looking at around DEC or even JAN OCS date (of course nothing is final, I may end up going in June). He also said they seem to be assigning OCS dates by alphebetical order, and because my last name starts with an "R" Ill have to wait for a while. Is this consistant with anyone elses story?

OCS dates are assigned on a first done basis, and based upon date available on the application, one of my guys selected on Jan board is already at OCS and his last name was right in the middle of the alphabet, another was in the beginning at he doesn't go until end of May.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
OCS dates are assigned on a first done basis, and based upon date available on the application, one of my guys selected on Jan board is already at OCS and his last name was right in the middle of the alphabet, another was in the beginning at he doesn't go until end of May.

Ah, so for a case such as mine where I still had to do MEPS after getting my pro rec for SNA this past January and I also just graduated with my degree, I would be at the back of the figurative line for receiving my FS letter? My recruiter has essentially told me he doesn't know when I might get it, but that its a long shot I get an OCS date earlier than October.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I received the same phone call from my OR last Monday and told him I'd like the July 8th date. He told me my FS letter should be on it's way soon, but nothing yet.

Also received a phone call like this, also requested to be moved up to July 8.

iJudgeee

nope still not mandatory, and the actual guidance for those that can NUPOC/CEC/BDCP is no more than 30 days, no less than 14
Yeah I guess it isn't mandatory because my recruiter just called me and said he was going to put me on a "short wait list" or something like that where I can get a short notice call to OCS if I get selected early because someone didn't show or something. He said I wouldn't have to do the PFT if I get selected early and that it shouldn't have a negative effect on my September date.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
All we can do is just be ready!

From the phone call discussed in my last post, we are definitely on somebodies minds and they must just still be up in the air on what they can do with OCS dates. My recruiter speculated that the wait could actually be more of a positive for those who want earlier (June/July even May discussed w/me) class dates vs Fall. He seemed to think they were holding off on final signatures because they dont want to change dates and are thinking they may get some of us in early but still are not 100% sure for some reason. I don't know, different people have different ideas. I think if I had any hope left for May, my recruiter would have been back on the phone with me by now, its really getting into last second territory if that were to happen. That said, some of it is ancient history but the "keep waiting" one week has turned into "see you at OCS in 3wks" for more than one person I have talked to, granted these are all cases from years ago.

I hate to be such a crybaby but I can't stand not knowing, I plan best and work towards goals best when I have a definite timeline.

Yeah, it can happen very quickly from what I've heard. I'm thinking part of what's taking mine so long is that I needed a waiver for an astigmatism. I got the paperwork in the day my NRD requested it (the second week in February I believe), and they told me it was exactly what they needed. I then got a phone call nearly a week and a half later that it wasn't what they needed. Again, I got the appointment and paperwork in within a day, and the waiver was approved a couple days after that. But I'm thinking just the fact that I needed one, even though it got approved, put me a lot further behind than anticipated. That and having to restart my security background check mid March because of expired paperwork. So we'll see.

exNavyOffRec

Are active duty guys from this board typically receiving OCS dates faster than civilian applicants?

They often do, and here is why, an AD member must have medical, and security done when the application is submitted, so they are essentially just waiting on a FS letter when the board results come back.

M1252

FS SNA, OCS 08 July '12
Just got off the phone: I have a Sept. 9 OCS date, but am still waiting for a FS Letter like many others here.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
Just was confirmed that I'm officially scheduled to go to OCS July 8, I swear in June 8. Previously I was in the August 19 class.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
Just got the call this morning. I won't know a class date until next week, but my FS was signed this morning!

M1252

FS SNA, OCS 08 July '12
I'm 26/M/non-prior. Just called again in the hopes of a signed FS; I was told it's still awaiting signature. Congrats to everyone getting calls though!