• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan 2019 EDO Board

psyengr

My apologies for the duplicate posts. I meant no disrespect. Just wanted to get some information in addition to what is on google or navy.mil. My OR is new and I understand he/she might be collecting the information. Again, just eager to understand the process.

asukpat23

The EDO boards are good about bringing in people who meet the requirements and can demonstrate in interviews and their motivational statement they'd be a good asset.

You will get the results soon. Worst case scenario, the director of reserve EDO recruiting emails you first. Please be patient.
Waiting for the selection memo ?

Crowninshield

Anyone have insight on the additional June board being held this month for FY19?
Have a package in, have not heard anything, not expecting to for another couple of weeks. Was non-select at the special March board, at which only 2 of 6 were selected (historically below the average selection rate, for those meeting the R-EDO criteria). This board is the first under the new Program Authorization (https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...DO_Reserve_Commissioning_Program_Apr-2019.pdf ) requiring three interviews with (RC or AC) EDO O-5's or O-6's, which is a change from the previous requirement of two interviews at O-4 and above. That was a bit of a last-minute curveball for me, which I was able to negotiate with my recruiter's help, but may limit the number of packages that actually make it to board.

Conan741

I haven't heard anything as of yet. I'll just do the usual Navy thing and hurry up and wait. My recruiter keeps telling me maximum time to see board results is 4 weeks so I guess another 3 weeks of waiting at worst.
This is my second time applying. I applied a few years back but hadn't started on my master's program. I'm half way through my master's now and supposedly that was the only thing keeping me from commissioning last time around. Really hope that's the case. Good luck to all on applying!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Best of luck guys! I hope you all get selected.

Was non-select at the special March board, at which only 2 of 6 were selected (historically below the average selection rate, for those meeting the R-EDO criteria).

Sorry to hear that.

But why did we have a special March board just to process 6 packages? Is it in response to attrition? Crazy idea but maybe it would help if we didn't have the longest qualification program in the Navy Reserve, and then when people do qualify, we're not exactly swimming in work. Many technical ADOS billets require specific educational and professional backgrounds, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Conan741

Recruiter just texted me saying that the board end date is 26 July. So the board was held in June but the "end" date on all applicant's records is 26 July 2019. I guess that means they have to have made a decision by then but might mean we are waiting to hear something until after that date. She said its also possible to hear something before then but we will see. Not sure if that helps with the waiting or not...it definitely didn't help clarify on when I'd hear something.

Simpsar

Just found out today! Looking forward to finally moving to the dark side!
Congrats Conan. I haven’t heard anything yet, but I did reach out to my OR after seeing your post. I’m an enlisted member in one of the Surgemain units up in the Northeast so there’s certainly a lot of anticipation in hope to be selected for the R-EDO community to continue to develop. Good luck at ODS!

Conan741

Congrats Conan. I haven’t heard anything yet, but I did reach out to my OR after seeing your post. I’m an enlisted member in one of the Surgemain units up in the Northeast so there’s certainly a lot of anticipation in hope to be selected for the R-EDO community to continue to develop. Good luck at ODS!
Right on man! I am enlisted as well (6 years active as a nuke mechanic onboard submarines and the past 9 as a member of Surgemain). I'm actually heading up to Portsmouth, NH this weekend for AT. It will be odd being ENS (Sel) at the yard.
Good luck to you man and hopefully you hear something soon!

Simpsar

Haha. I’ll be there in September for AT.

Simpsar

Have a package in, have not heard anything, not expecting to for another couple of weeks. Was non-select at the special March board, at which only 2 of 6 were selected (historically below the average selection rate, for those meeting the R-EDO criteria). This board is the first under the new Program Authorization (https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-...DO_Reserve_Commissioning_Program_Apr-2019.pdf ) requiring three interviews with (RC or AC) EDO O-5's or O-6's, which is a change from the previous requirement of two interviews at O-4 and above. That was a bit of a last-minute curveball for me, which I was able to negotiate with my recruiter's help, but may limit the number of packages that actually make it to board.
Hear anything yet?

Conan741

Still no word, bugged my recruiter last week, he said he was looking into it, earlier this week. I suspect that @Conan741's gouge means that the board is waiting until the end of next week to fill their quotas. Congrats to @Conan741 and good luck @Simpsar .
I did find out from my recruiter that the EDO quotas were 115% because of all the active EDOs moving over to the reserves. Looks like no commissioning until FY20.