• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 16 SEPT 2019

CWO_change

I saw that at least one person here applied for a SWO-CW option. For those going forward, I have on good authority (from the 1810 community manager) that there are no SWO-CW slots allotted for folks going through OCS; there are a handful of SWO-CW slots for Academy grads still (this was implemented years ago to ensure that the Fleet got some fully medically qualified CW Academy grads, but now isn't needed as fully medically qualified Academy grads are able to select for CW without the SWO option), but this, too, is on its way out. So, to the extent that SWO-CW is still being listed as an option for OCS applicants on paper, refrain from picking that as you're wasting a selection.

titohungus

I saw that at least one person here applied for a SWO-CW option. For those going forward, I have on good authority (from the 1810 community manager) that there are no SWO-CW slots allotted for folks going through OCS; there are a handful of SWO-CW slots for Academy grads still (this was implemented years ago to ensure that the Fleet got some fully medically qualified CW Academy grads, but now isn't needed as fully medically qualified Academy grads are able to select for CW without the SWO option), but this, too, is on its way out. So, to the extent that SWO-CW is still being listed as an option for OCS applicants on paper, refrain from picking that as you're wasting a selection.
I can attest to this. The community manager said the same thing to me

CWO_change

Is this the same for SWO-IP?

This only applies to SWO-CW. There are still SWO-IP and SWO-Oceano options at OCS, though I think there are only a handful of SWO-Oceano options at OCS for the entire year. Note, I know nothing about SWO-Intel options (I've never heard of the option, but that's not to say that it doesn't exist!).

kyaunaking

This only applies to SWO-CW. There are still SWO-IP and SWO-Oceano options at OCS, though I think there are only a handful of SWO-Oceano options at OCS for the entire year. Note, I know nothing about SWO-Intel options (I've never heard of the option, but that's not to say that it doesn't exist!).

Okay great thank you! And I didn’t know about SWO/IP until my recruiter told me about it.

exNavyOffRec

Several years ago they were trying to make it so the SWO option would only be for USNA, obviously it didn't stick for all of the options, but realistically SWO-IP and SWO-Oceano are tiny quotas for years they yearly quota was under 5 for each.

SWO-Intel was added years ago, I believe they only selected 1 person ever, it is still on the books but no quotas exist for it, kind of like BDCP.