• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 16 SEPT 2019

SRB138

Hi everyone. Just starting a thread for the upcoming IWC board in September. My package is about finished, I should be submitting within a week or two. How are everyone's packages coming along?

27 years old
AWR2 Naval Tactical Aircrewman
NAC/AW/SW
Bachelor's: The Ohio State University. Major: Security and Intelligence. 3.5 GPA
Master's: Georgetown University. Major: Applied Intelligence (In-progress). 3.67 GPA.
Appraisals: O-5 (N2), O-4, 2 O-3s. All INTEL Officers.

Applying for INTEL/1830

Last edited:

sldm992

Thanks for starting the thread. I am taking my OAR in three weeks from now.

20 yrs old
B.S. in Global Security and Intelligence Studies (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University)
Minor in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies (Includes 2 years of arabic language classes)
Internship working in congress on national security issues (4 months long)
Internship working for Police as an Investigation Intern (mainly intel analysis for active cases, also gang intelligence/tracking) (7 months long)
Should have about 13 letters of rec
My gpa is a 3.09 right now (I started in engineering and it wrecked my gpa, but it has slowly gone up since I switched majors 2 years ago).

I am going into my senior year of school, and will graduate at the end of April 2020.

I am also applying for Intel.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks for starting the thread. I am taking my OAR in three weeks from now.

20 yrs old
B.S. in Global Security and Intelligence Studies (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University)
Minor in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies (Includes 2 years of arabic language classes)
Internship working in congress on national security issues (4 months long)
Internship working for Police as an Investigation Intern (mainly intel analysis for active cases, also gang intelligence/tracking) (7 months long)
Should have about 13 letters of rec
My gpa is a 3.09 right now (I started in engineering and it wrecked my gpa, but it has slowly gone up since I switched majors 2 years ago).

I am going into my senior year of school, and will graduate at the end of April 2020.

I am also applying for Intel.

Consider other officer designators are your GPA is definitely on the lower end of the spectrum.

CowboyFan15

Thanks for starting for the board. Anxious to get this whole process done and my package sent off. Good luck to those applying.

36/M/ IS1(IW/EXW) / 10 years in at time of Submission
3.3 GPA
B.S.L. in Criminal Justice
Excelsior College
Pursuing MBA, Liberty University. Current GPA: 3.8
LOR: 2x O-5 (Ix CAPT SEL), 1x USMC O-4 (LTCOL SEL)
OAR: 55
Applying: Intel and IP
Rufus Taylor Intel Instruction Award Winner FY2019 and Instructor of the Year

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for starting for the board. Anxious to get this whole process done and my package sent off. Good luck to those applying.

36/M/ IS1(IW/EXW) / 10 years in at time of Submission
3.3 GPA
B.S.L. in Criminal Justice
Excelsior College
Pursuing MBA, Liberty University. Current GPA: 3.8
LOR: 2x O-5 (Ix CAPT SEL), 1x USMC O-4 (LTCOL SEL)
OAR: 55
Applying: Intel and IP
Rufus Taylor Intel Instruction Award Winner FY2019 and Instructor of the Year

Did you read the new PA? Cowboys fans are no longer able to apply :D

Crypto234

First time checking into Airwarriors. I'm in the same position as alohse. Best of luck to everyone!

Active Duty: CTN2 (IW) Active, 4.5 years
Evals: EP (Periodic), MP (Frocked), EP (Periodic)
Undergrad: 3.2 GPA Bachelors in Physical Education
Graduate: 4.0 GPA Masters in Strategic Leadership (In-Progress)
OAR: 52
IAs: O-5 IP, O-4 CW, O-4 CW, O-4 CW
LORs: O-9 (1810), O-8 (1810), O-6 (Director of Operations), House of Representatives (SC)
Applying for: INTEL, CW

CowboyFan15

Someone correct if I’m wrong but I thought I saw NPC post a new board schedule for FY20 showing the convene date for IWC is now 5 Sept 2019. Anybody else see this?

Crypto234

Retook the OAR today. Got a 62. My advice: Search the forums for test tips! I improved my score 10 points by using the practice tests and gouge I found on this site. Best of luck to everyone applying for this board!

Joshua Saras

Applying for the second time after a couple years trying to improve my package. Good luck to everyone!
Active Duty: AWO1(NAC/AW/IW), Active, almost 18 years
Undergrad: 3.6 GPA Bachelors in History
Graduate: 4.0 GPA Masters in Organizational Leadership (almost complete)
OAR: 51 (could be better)
IAs: O-6/1830, O-6/1830, O-5/1310, O-4/1810, O-3/1830
LORs: O-6(Air Force OIS Agent), O-5(x5)
Evals: Excellent (told these don’t matter as much, but who knows)
Applying for: INTEL

exNavyOffRec

Applying for the second time after a couple years trying to improve my package. Good luck to everyone!
Active Duty: AWO1(NAC/AW/IW), Active, almost 18 years
Undergrad: 3.6 GPA Bachelors in History
Graduate: 4.0 GPA Masters in Organizational Leadership (almost complete)
OAR: 51 (could be better)
IAs: O-6/1830, O-6/1830, O-5/1310, O-4/1810, O-3/1830
LORs: O-6(Air Force OIS Agent), O-5(x5)
Evals: Excellent (told these don’t matter as much, but who knows)
Applying for: INTEL
plus is your GPA is above the average selected, Master's degree is good and what school? but degree is non-tech. OAR really doesn't matter that much.

Joshua Saras

plus is your GPA is above the average selected, Master's degree is good and what school? but degree is non-tech. OAR really doesn't matter that much.
Thank you for the reply.
Bachelors is from the University of Maryland
Masters is from the University of Oklahoma
The non-STEM degree and age are my biggest worries. IA’s, Evals and Recommendations are maxed out, but that is likely common for those who are selected.

soharo

Checking in for this board as well. Submitting a reconsideration package. I plan on retaking the OAR after finishing deployment if I'm not selected again.

Active Duty: IS1
Evals: MP (Periodic), EP #2 of 23 (Periodic), EP #2 of 34 (Periodic)
Undergrad: 3.9 GPA Bachelors in Intelligence Studies
OAR: 50
LORs: O-6 (CNAL N2), O-6 (IWC), O-6 (CAG)
Appraisals: O-5 (N2), O-5 (SIO), O-5 (Former Skipper)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Checking in for this board as well. Submitting a reconsideration package. I plan on retaking the OAR after finishing deployment if I'm not selected again.

Active Duty: IS1
Evals: MP (Periodic), EP #2 of 23 (Periodic), EP #2 of 34 (Periodic)
Undergrad: 3.9 GPA Bachelors in Intelligence Studies
OAR: 50
LORs: O-6 (CNAL N2), O-6 (IWC), O-6 (CAG)
Appraisals: O-5 (N2), O-5 (SIO), O-5 (Former Skipper)

I wouldn’t retake the OAR to risk a lower score. Consider swo if Iwc doesn’t work out.