• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 16 SEPT 2019

sldm992

Checking in for this board as well. Submitting a reconsideration package. I plan on retaking the OAR after finishing deployment if I'm not selected again.

Active Duty: IS1
Evals: MP (Periodic), EP #2 of 23 (Periodic), EP #2 of 34 (Periodic)
Undergrad: 3.9 GPA Bachelors in Intelligence Studies
OAR: 50
LORs: O-6 (CNAL N2), O-6 (IWC), O-6 (CAG)
Appraisals: O-5 (N2), O-5 (SIO), O-5 (Former Skipper)
I'm surprised you weren't selected the first time around. Your gpa is fantastic with a very good major. Was your degree a BS or a BA? That might make a difference if it is a BA.

Also, I encountered some hurdles with medical stuff so I'll be going for December IWC board instead so that I have more time to get the correct paperwork in. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

EM123

I have been told that the September board has been cancelled, my department head has seen this before and said it was likely do to budget. just wondering if anybody else has heard anything as to why it was cancelled?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have been told that the September board has been cancelled, my department head has seen this before and said it was likely do to budget. just wondering if anybody else has heard anything as to why it was cancelled?

Budgets have nothing to do with boards as they’re already coordinated ahead of time. There’s likely not a demand for IWC selection or simply the community doesn’t want a board at this time.

soharo

I'm surprised you weren't selected the first time around. Your gpa is fantastic with a very good major. Was your degree a BS or a BA? That might make a difference if it is a BA.

Also, I encountered some hurdles with medical stuff so I'll be going for December IWC board instead so that I have more time to get the correct paperwork in. Good luck to the rest of you guys!
My degree is a BA. I was told this last board was extremely competitive compared to the previous ones this year. They selected 12 the last board whereas the others before that were triple that.

soharo

It's likely due to the amount of applicants pushed through earlier in the year. There's quite a backlog with sending people to OCS right now

soharo

I wouldn’t retake the OAR to risk a lower score. Consider swo if Iwc doesn’t work out.
Thanks for the advice. I took the OAR while preparing for deployment and while taking 21 credits a semester in order to finish my degree prior to getting underway. I'm fairly confident I wouldn't score lower having more time to study now, but I know I've only got three shots at it. I understand SWO is much less competitive and I'll take that comment into consideration depending on how this board works out

SRB138

Hopefully, we can get a heads up on this 4sept board. I'll talk to my DH when I'm back from leave on Tuesday.

exNavyOffRec

My degree is a BA. I was told this last board was extremely competitive compared to the previous ones this year. They selected 12 the last board whereas the others before that were triple that.

Historically about 10 per board is normal for 1830, if there were more on a board that would not be normal and one reason is that if a board was cancelled/combined with another.

Crypto234

I contacted the OCS Fleet Processor today and he said that only the INTEL board was canceled due to "not a strong enough need". CW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IWC Options are still being processed.

Crypto234

Would this impact selection rate for december board?
I don’t presume to know the inner workings of the selection process, but from what I can gather it looks like there were not enough billets to warrant a board this time. The billets that were available should roll into the December board.