• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Itty bitty, teeny tiny flight school victories

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like to use my Jedi mind tricks (i.e., lack of situational awareness) to make the IP drive through the hard deck on their own. A few flights back, my IP unintentionally set me up for a nose-down unusual attitude recovery about 500 feet above the bottom of our block (in other words, just on top of somebody else's block). I, in typical Primary Ensonian fashion, exhibited all the situational awareness of a crayon, so I didn't realize it either. When he handed me the controls—screaming downward and toward 200 knots—his call sounded something like this:

"Recov—PULLUPPULLUPPULLUPIHAVETHECONTROLS." [insert lots of Gs]

"Sorry. Sort of set you up for failure on that one."
That's some funny shit right there. :D

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Managed to not choke my student to death.
Those of you who know me, I tend to say what I think, immediately.
SMA decided to go full batshit retard on the way back from event (to include three tries at course rules, 500' altitude deviations, setting up for the wrong airfield, and trying to break the wrong way...into tower) at which point I took the controls, taxied in quietly, had him shut down the plane, handed him his CFS pin, and walked away.
Haven't been that pissed/frustrated in a long time, had the knife hand all wound up, ready to crush souls...and realized it wouldn't be helpful. 1 cigarette, 1 beer, and 1 Marginal gradesheet later, I was able to debrief calmly....
Little victories...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
SMA decided to go full batshit retard on the way back from event (to include three tries at course rules, 500' altitude deviations, setting up for the wrong airfield, and trying to break the wrong way...into tower) at which point I took the controls, taxied in quietly, had him shut down the plane, handed him his CFS pin, and walked away.

hmmm..sounds like EVERY flight with a Saudi.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Managed to not choke my student to death.
Those of you who know me, I tend to say what I think, immediately.
Haven't been that pissed/frustrated in a long time, had the knife hand all wound up, ready to crush souls...and realized it wouldn't be helpful. 1 cigarette, 1 beer, and 1 Marginal gradesheet later, I was able to debrief calmly....
Little victories...

I'm imagining a Terminal Lance style cartoon with you knife handing from the back and a student shitting bricks in the front.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm imagining a Terminal Lance style cartoon with you knife handing from the back and a student shitting bricks in the front.
When I went through VT-3 (which is, holy crap, almost 10 years ago), there was a kid who had recently finished up that was an amateur cartoonist, and had done a series called "Unusual Attitudes." The one I remember is the IP and the stud in their parachute harnesses, hanging from the branches of a tree, with the IP saying "well, I guess while we're waiting, we can start the debrief."