• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is SWO Really That Bad?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was stationed with a few of the officers involved, little interaction with them, they gave the impression they walked on water.
Well if you have to tell people you walk on water . . . umm . . .

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have noticed that those who seem to believe they walk on water are often those I know that end up falling flat, this is both officer and enlisted.
They don't always fall flat; I can think of examples who have done very well. But those examples were never respected by their peers, only by their reporting seniors. As I watch the AC machine churn through folks I served with, I'm less cynical about it that I used to be, because I've seen some good folks be rewarded well. But there's still been a few "that person got WHAT?" And in all cases, said person was in love with the aroma of their own flatulence. This is the hazard of our stack-ranked promotion system; if you're not careful, you start to believe your own FITREP writeups.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Being a good SDO is the worst thing you could ever shoot for. You always want to be in the bottom third of SDOs. Good enough to not need extra duty for training but bad enough that you're not in the list for "guys we can trust to be SDO when things are tough."
Montre-Omega-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Cal-861-KB-ST-145022-LF.jpg